Breath - 30 Day Yoga Journey (Yoga With Adriene)

Am behind but joining this journey and did day 1 last night. Aiming for day 2 tonight.

3 Likes

How are you feeling today?

1 Like

Day 4. Better late than never. Today got away from me and next thing you know it was damn near bedtime and I still hadnā€™t done day 4. Luckily it was a short one and Iā€™m only a few minutes behind my regular bedtime routine.

2 Likes

Day 5 - replenish :heavy_check_mark:

Really enjoyed the eagle arms/ forward fold combo, my arms needed stretching out after a dance class yesterday. At the bit at the end the puppy came and curled up on my back which to be honest is the main thing I remember :joy: But I definitely feel nice and calm so Iā€™d say that counts as being replenished!

2 Likes

I am definitely feeling better, especially along my right side. The left is still jacked up, but I have a bit more movement. I will start with chair yoga today, if I get the OK at my chiro appointment. Slow and steady.

3 Likes

I am still grounded. :frowning:

1 Like

Ahh thatā€™s a shame. But hopefully will be what you need to get back to mobility as quickly as possible. Have you got exercises and stuff you have to do to keep things moving?

1 Like

Day 6 - Burn :heavy_check_mark: :fire:

Always a bit hesitant about day 6 but as always it was good!

I have found I am struggling with boat pose, feeling a lot of pressure on my legs particularly the tops of my thighs. I am getting restless legs at night again too which is annoying, I wonder if itā€™s connected. Anyway, I just kept my heels close to the floor and put them down when I needed to, so I could mainly work on my core.

Feeling the burrrrn! :metal:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done days 1 and 2! Day 3 will be today, later.

2 Likes

Yes, love it! I appreciate her style of doing what is comfortable for your body and Iā€™ve done enough of her videos that I donā€™t need to worry about the image on the screen, I can just use her voice to guide me and if I donā€™t get it right, itā€™s ok.

3 Likes

I do have stretches. I will get more x-rays after my Friday session. He doesnā€™t think I have any permanent-type damage but doesnā€™t want me to go beyond the stretching program before that is certain. I definitely feel better. I am really tightened up today after yesterdays work but I feel a large amount of progress in that olā€™ spine of mine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been re-doing ywa original 30 days from years ago. On day 29. I will probably try Breathe next.

My fave moment of this round was doing one of the videos with my 10 year old, and when Adrienne started telling us to honor our sweet feet, we both totally cracked up. So cute.

4 Likes

I just love how goofy and fun she makes it. The newer ones are less like that, but she still has her moments! And even though she is a bit more chill, it is still nice and laid back, no need to take it too seriously.

2 Likes

Day 7 - Synchronize :heavy_check_mark:

First week down. Itā€™s gone pretty quick I think. I love the breathing with arm movement sequence (donā€™t know a better way to describe that!), very meditative.

3 Likes

Did day 3 last night. I am liking how what she is doing is building on each previous week. Iā€™ve come to really love her style and at home yoga, as I let go of expectations is myself and comparing myself to others.

3 Likes

When you canā€™t do Yoga, read about it.

2 Likes

Cleared for ā€œlight yoga.ā€ Yay!

2 Likes

Wahoo! What counts as light yoga?

He basically said to be very aware of my body and only do gentle moves. I do think I will do Day 8. It sounds like light/gentle to me.

1 Like

Day 8 - meditate :sparkling_heart::heavy_check_mark:

Ok itā€™s called snuggle this year but same business! I did the first bit with the puppy on my lap although she went to bed when we started windscreen wiper legs :see_no_evil:

And yes @EarnIt definitely nice and gentle. Hope you enjoy it :hugs:

1 Like