Breath - 30 Day Yoga Journey (Yoga With Adriene)

Anyone?

6 Likes

Day Zero: YWA Breathe- Done.

I am also doing a morning meditation challenge on Insight Timer. 7am GMT/7am EST/7am PST (a choice, not all three) I missed the 7am, thanks to neurotic dogs and fireworks, I didn’t see sleep until 1:30a. Happy New Year!

4 Likes

Missed the intro video yesterday but I have done day 1 :heavy_check_mark:

Nearly let the length of it put me off cos I am meeting a friend this morning but decided to make this time for myself. Which is what it’s all about! And I’m glad I did.

Found it tougher than I thought I would as I’ve had a near daily practice for the last few weeks, but I’ve really been trying to work on the foundation and get muscles engaged etc.

Looking forward to the journey and sharing it with you all :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Huh. Bummer. I am pretty good at modifying to accommodate my body. So, I will give it a go. I am pretty out of shape, so we’ll see. I feel as if I need to keep this and my meditation commitment, but I don’t want to be stupid about it.

2 Likes

Give it a go, there are modifications throughout and the most important thing is showing up! If you don’t get through every pose perfectly it doesn’t matter. It is a slow and deliberate practice so there is time to make adjustments to find what feels right :hugs:

I know what you mean @liv_m I was actually thinking about how different the series have got over time. They feel much more foundational to me, less about finding a particular pose and more about feeling into your body. I kind of wish I had started yoga like that! But it may be that I appreciate it more as someone who has done a bit and also mental health wise it fits where I’m at. I started YouTube yoga with Revolution I think and it was really good.

Will be interesting to hear how you find it Jene :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

It was good. My muscles felt heavy and tired today during the practice. Making some of those long holds seem even longer. :smile:

2 Likes

These videos taught me how to do yoga, oh 2 or 3 years ago!

3 Likes

No, friend. I appreciate the feedback. I still haven’t gone in to do it. Alas, I have been somewhat chair-bound today because of back spasms. I think I might just spool up her back pain series and start there.

4 Likes

Day 2 :heavy_check_mark: Arrive.

Each new breath is a chance to arrive :sparkling_heart:

Really feeling the muscles turn on and finding my way with some of the movements in a way I haven’t before. Appreciate the opportunity to take it slowly although things are aching a bit! Building strength :muscle:

Loving the reminder that we just need to show up and see how things unfold.

4 Likes

Yoga with adriene is my favorite. I just love how chill Benji Is :heart: and her voice :heart: I love her videos first thing in the morning.

3 Likes

Aww yea Benji is so sweet!

I am having to time my morning yoga around puppy naps, cos when she is awake it is bedlam :joy:

Although she did wake up this morning. Fortunately at the beginning while I was sitting down and she just came and curled up on my lap for that bit.

3 Likes

Day 2. I always enjoy YWA practices. This is definitely the right way to start this year, and a great way to end last year.

2 Likes

My back was kind of spasm-y at the beginning of yesterdays practice (and today) , but was better by the end of it. I have to remind myself sometimes the the movement may hurt a bit, but it will also probably help.
Just be gentle with yourself. :hugs:

2 Likes

I actually wrote in my journal about her saying that each breath we arrive anew.

2 Likes

So, today’s the 4th. This morning I did Yoga For Back Pain before getting out of bed. I am going to attempt Day 1 today. I would just pop in where everyone is on Day 4, but I want to start from the beginning. “Catch up.” The back problem is intense. As I was stretching through the YFBP, it became clear to me that babying it with sedentary activity is exacerbating the problem.

So, I will see how my body does. I can always dial it back but I will get on the mat today.

2 Likes

Did day 3 this morning but the ginger menace woke up just after so I’m checking in now! Anchor :heavy_check_mark:

I love the ocean breath and it is great to return to. Also for getting through those planks! I am not sure my form is quite right for them, so I will keep that in mind tomorrow.

And yes @liv_m it is amazing how yoga helps with other activities. I don’t do many, but walking and dancing it definitely helps. Strength and awareness :woman_in_lotus_position::sparkles:

1 Like

Yea I think that’s it, give it a go and just modify and take breaks as needed. That’s the great thing about YouTube yoga, you can just catch up whenever you can :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Day 3 was nice. I’ve noticed in the last few weeks that I am getting much better at focusing on my breath. It has been something I struggled with for awhile, but it seems my mindfulness and meditation practices are paying off.
Feels good.

3 Likes

On total pause from anything movement related - chiropractor’s orders. I can only do light stretches to alleviate discomfort. I will be seeing him more this week. He does have some concerns about a bulge disc. I won’t be discouraged but I am a little sad.

3 Likes

Forgot to check in after but day 4 done this morning :heavy_check_mark:

Nice low and slow practice. Taking the time to pay attention and find what feels good! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes