Broken tooth/broken filling question

Hi everyone.

Tonight I am at my wit’s end.

Last August my molar broke. It was the cusp of it and it broke from eating something hard.
It didn’t break through the pulp, thankfully, and it caused me little pain. Up until last week.

Monday, February 22nd, I FINALLY got into my dentist to have it fixed. My last dentist retired and the man that fixed it is 84 and he owns the place but stopped fixing teeth a few years ago. He had to come back until April when they fill it with a new one.

I have severe dental phobia, so getting this fixed was hard enough for me to do.

He also fixed 2 small cavities next to it. I felt at the end he was rushing. The drill was going super fast while he polished and shaped the broken tooth.

I found it to be VERY sensitive and painful after. Then by Thursday, it was feeling ok.
Yesterday I noticed a little pain and didn’t think much of it…until tonight when I looked and saw the fixed broken tooth had a crack in it.
It fucken broke, in the same spot…again. Only this time if the filling comes out, It’s all drilled under it.
I also see a crack through the cavity he fixed.

What the hell gives?!?!

I did everything I was supposed to!! What is going on here?!

I’m so angry, I’m enraged and sad and beyond frustrated.

Hey there. I’m sorry to hear that you’re dealing with it. I know nothing about dental procedure, but it sounds like a second opinion might be helpful??? Only another dentist really knows what they’re looking at. Wishing you luck :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I would but unfortunately the next closest dentist is 98 miles away. :sob:

I was told I didn’t need one because of where the break was but I’m starting to think differently. I can’t afford a crown and insurance won’t cover

Fidelis-DentasQuest

I have already spoken to them about it. While it says it will cover, for my plan (apparently) it will not. Neither that nor a root canal :pleading_face:

1 Like

If it gets painful try ambeosoel and try not to play with it. If it cracks more or breaks your going to be in pain if it exposes a nerve. There is some cement tooth repair you can buy to help if that happens.

1 Like

That is actually what I am using as well as some of of the repair putty. That is what I put on it before to protect it until it got fixed.

I was hoping someone else has been through a similar situation and could tell me their experience :pensive:

Oh I have I messed with it and messed with it and played with it with my tongue and would look at it. I was obsessed with it until it cracked off. Than I was in soooooo much pain. The only thing to do is get it fixed properly. Sorry but that’s all I know. They give out grants if you qualify to get it fixed or sometimes you can go to a university that as a Dental school sometimes they will fix it for you at a discount so their students get training.

1 Like

To be honest, I face severe dental phobia, like I’m worse than taking the dog to a vet.

My ex girlfriend used to schedule the appointment and not tell me,

If it’s a Molar have you considered having it removed? And going with a implant? Later.? Or a bridge? I was supposed to get one done but I wussed out

2 Likes

I have the same thing going on. I put off going to the dentist. I don’t want it to crack or chip anymore so I am extra careful. But I know I have to go see what they can do. I am definitely going to a dentist office that I know I am covered, that has sedation. I will let you know what they do

1 Like

How are you feeling today any better?

1 Like

Hi! I apologize for the late reply.
After weeks of pain, it has FINALLY calmed down. I can now eat on it and once in a while I still have sensitivity to cold and sweets but nothing too severe.
Thanks for asking! :blush:

Hi!
It finally healed up BUT I was at the point of having it removed. Not that it would have upset me terribly. At one point I thought I would lose it and was upset but I also realized it would make some room.
I refuse to have my last 3 wisdom teeth removed because the one I had removed was botched and I still have half of it. It shifted from my gum and migrated towards my jaw socket. :woman_facepalming:t2:
So I have a little overcrowding in the bottom teeth from the 2 I have.

Hello!
Did you ever get this done??