C*vid blues… was hard

Hi there. Back to day one. I caught Covid and was out of work for 2 weeks. I drank every night except for maybe 2 or 3. Tonight will be my day 1 again. I pick up my puppy tomorrow and return to work Wednesday. Time for a change. Did anyone else get Covid and completely cave? I was so miserable from not working. I don’t like being stuck at home.

6 Likes

I find it hard too. I think its about how I feel about myself. For me I am working on being more accepting of myself, and more gentle. It’s a process, to keep myself on the rails :innocent:

One day at a time. Nothing outside of you controls you. Being at work or not being at work, doesn’t matter - what matters is your relationship with yourself :innocent:

6 Likes

Me and home….especially home alone…we’re a horrible combination back in the day. If I had to work from home I would be drinking by 9 and probably drunk by noon. :weary:. Thank GOD I had over a year sober when COVID came and we were all sent home indefinitely.

I don’t have any real advice on how to handle being home. All I can say is that when you reach the point when you are really done done done with drinking it just becomes easier to say no.

YOU CAN DO IT!

4 Likes

I know this is an older post, but eh. Where I did not catch Covid, I too drank every night (and sometimes day and night) the entire time we were home for Covid and lockdown. So, every day since early March 2020… Purely from boredom. No plans to drink, except for a few FaceTime “parties” with friends, but let’s face it, by the time 7PM rolled around, I was already 6+ in.

Anyway… Being home does suck! But PUPPY! How’s it going now?

2 Likes

It’s going badly. I’ve been drinking every night. Going through a break up and it’s just rough. Living with him still and Will for a while. Puppy is doing great though. Going to attempt day 1 again.

2 Likes

Be kind to yourself Sarra. Remember there’s nothing in the bottle but regret. Come here and spend time when you’re craving. Remember you have permission to do anything that’s safe and legal, to stay sober. I had days I spent my entire day at a mall food court because (for me and my addiction) that was a safe place. You know yourself and you know what’s safe. You can go to three meetings. You can eat pizza for every meal. You can spend all day here. You can binge Netflix. You can walk for four hours, listening to angry rap.

You can do what you need to do, to find your way. Find yourself - find your sober self - she deserves kind, gentle, loving recognition. She’s a good person, an interesting person, and you’re just getting to know her.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear things aren’t well. But the Almighty always gives us a second chance to be better. It’s called tomorrow. Which means today, is your day 1?

What breed of puppy are you blessed with? I have a Pitadore. He’s the most beautifulest baby in the whole world!

1 Like