Can anyone give me a sponsor?

I’ve been on this app here and there. I started after a horrific hangover, thinking I’d never drink again. You were all so great and supportive. Then that pink cloud happened. And I succumb. Foolishly everytime after a 5-7 day sober period.

I dont need attention or drama. Just want to get sober and eventually help others. Anyone know a sponsor in WA DC?

Your best bet is to go to a meeting, listen to the shares, then approach someone and ask them.

I found that the steps I could take for myself that I did take for myself were very important. I’m the one who wakes up each day and decides not to drink. Then I put that in motion, and often it involves going to a meeting. All day long, up until the meeting, I am deciding and putting decisions into practice.

3 Likes

LittleMischatterbox is right. Expect the temptation.

My weekdays are so unbelievably busy it’s much easier not to drink. Weekends are another story so I schedule things to keep me busy. One member spent the weekend mountain biking the local snow resorts all weekend. It looked super fun and he was proudly beyond exhausted to even want to drink. Schedule stuff when you’ve been falling off the wagon.

I start my Saturday at the gym, then spin class, then late breakfast etc etc. it’s pretty planned out. It’s intentional

If you’re struggling go to AA. Why not? The more people on your side the better.

1 Like

The best place to find a sponsor is at meetings. Listen and find someone that has what you want in sobriety and ask them. If that person says no, don’t get discouraged, find another. Sponsors are there mainly to guide you through the 12 steps. Here’s a great thread with more information.

5 Likes