Can I take it...?

1.5 years sober but still thinking about drugs what to do …?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community Kiran
Great work on your 18 months of sobriety. You do not need those drugs my friend. You have done amazingly well in getting this far. Use your tools, surround yourself with support and keep yourself busy. You know this will pass and you will be stronger and happier for having stacked on another day tomorrow.

This is a great supportive community to be a part of. Hang in here with us - you are among friends. :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank u soo much for ur support :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Are you going trough rough waters lately?
Maybe a difficult job ore something else that bothers you? It can lead you to the urges because your mind search for a way out and tries his old path: drugs. You can call it plan A.
So try plan B.
For me that is distraction in the form of walking and talking. With walking I connect with myself and with talking I connect with others :blush:
That is what helps me trough.
So what is your plan B? Your new coping system? You already have one because you have 1,5 year!
Urges come and go, adressing them helps.
Well done for venting and asking for help!!

I see it’s 5 houres later then your post so I hope you already feel a bit better by now (ore are sleeping, I do not know your timezone :blush:)
:people_hugging:

2 Likes

Welcome to the site. Glad you joined. Reading other’s posts and experiences will be helpful to you. Also having the community. ODAAT do not use please. Commit to yourself to keep what you have and not go back to what you were.
Congratulations to you on your 1.5 years.

1 Like

Honestly, I stopped doing drugs many years ago.
I still wake up in the morning sometimes and thinking about it.
I doubt that ever will disappear.
And the important thing isn’t if the thought disappear or not. It’s how you act on that though.

1 Like

One thing my uncle always used to tell me is how deeply engrained addiction related thoughts can be.

He quit both drinking and smoking about 2 decades ago. And yet sometimes he still wonders if he “has enough for the weekend” so to speak.

I don’t mean to sound discouraging. I just wanted to tell you that you can’t always control thoughts. But what can be controlled are the actions related to them.

Don’t be to hard on yourself for thinking about it.
Rather be pround that you no longer act on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

…a year and a half is both a lot…and not so much, all at the same time.

Your body remembers your DOC …and will for quite some time…

Be well on your journey

1 Like

What are you doing to maintain sobriety? What did you do to get sober, and then let slide? What works early on may not be necessary to keep going, but to return to it once in a while can give us a nice boost!

1 Like