Can someone be my friend I'm literally so fucking lonely

I’ve been lonely as long as I can remember

moved out away from emotionally abusive dad and started fixing my life nd my attitude

my friends didn’t like that I was defending myself and being my own person

now it’s just me and my tortoise (occasionally my mum and siblings but that’s still very bittersweet)

I live alone and my life sucks, although i dont hate myself anymore but when I think about the way things have played out, i feel so unlovable and like such a reject. I just want a friendship that is decent and not toxic af

34 Likes

I’m so sorry for your struggles you are not alone we are all here

1 Like

Welcome back. I’m here to talk if you want to :hugs:

1 Like

Girl, me too! Just ended a dysfunctional 7 year relationship, and I don’t trust any of my old friends, except for a couple. I used to have the same feelings, like I was unlovable and worthless. I would have probably tried to end it if it weren’t for my dogs. Abusive relationships can do that to you. I’ve been in therapy, and got on antidepressants a few months ago. Things get better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The friends ive made here have given more to me then those im surrounded by…stick around…

5 Likes

I went through these feelings of loneliness. Its such an empty feeling. I am here for you! :sparkling_heart: It definitely helps to have friends here on TS.

I like to think there is a purpose for everything and so I saw the loneliness as an opportunity to connect to my higher power and to myself. I listen to tons of podcasts, journal, read lots of books, pray, meditate and do fitness classes at the gym. I don’t feel as lonely anymore since now I am so hyperfocused on my own personal growth. Slowly but surely friends started to appear. It was uncomfortable at first reaching out but eventually it started to work. Just know that this loneliness is temporary, you will not always be lonely. Think of what you can do in this time of loneliness to work on yourself. Be your own best friend because you are amazing. Message me if you want! :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

I know how you feel. Really. I’ve got two or three sober friends IRL so I check in here several times a day. Don’t be afraid to join in, there’s a lot of good people here to talk to! :hugs:

4 Likes

Your not alone ok I’m here to talk to if you need too.

3 Likes

Stick around here and post daily. You’ll make lots of new friends :grinning:

2 Likes

I had a tortoise growing up. They’re great! We used to feed ours dandelions from the garden.

We’re tortoise buddies now :blush:

1 Like

Hey @saffffronnn, you are most definitely not alone now… we are right here with you. What is your tortoise called, such lovely creatures :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Same here! I think when we sober up we realize that we had some shitty people in our lives. My friends miss the person I was (when drinking and using). Plus, I am a different person now and don’t want to be involved in the same things I was previously. I keep telling myself that line about " I would rather be alone for the right reasons than with someone just to be with someone".

4 Likes

we’re all here for you, u can join the zoom meetings if u need to talk also :slight_smile:
What you are doing is the best thing for you, moving away for the abuse thats a huge step sending you a big hug …

2 Likes

While tortoises are wonderful can you get a dog? A little mammal to mammal love can go a long way. My dog is my very best friend.

1 Like

There is a big wide world of us here. Hope you will be happily surprised by the love here when you visit again. You are worthy and loveable. :heart:

2 Likes

I’ll be your friend

1 Like

Always free to talk dm me anytime

1 Like

Absolutely! :heart:

1 Like

You are not unlovable, sounds like u have made some big changes and it takes a while to find a new groove. If u post regularly u will start to find people u have stuff in common with. Why not write a little about ur interests?

1 Like

Im always down for a new nontoxic friend! Im super lonely most of the time too

2 Likes