Can’t find sponsor

Hey, I am getting in recovery again (had fair amount of relapses before). My problem is alcohol…I am attending aa meetings but all the other members in my group are guys…
And I am a girl (which can be tricky when it comes to sponsorship) I am 26 atm and really really need/want/have to stay sober this time!
Anyone have experience with online sponsorship? Dose it work? What would you do in my situation? Is AA the only solution?

I mean it did work for me when I was actively doing it and tbh I don’t have money for therapy or rehabs anyway:((

6 Likes

Try online groups. Especially woman only ones. I went to one last week that was offering sponsors.

6 Likes

Welcome Masha! Glad to have you aboard. This can be a great source for support in itself, as well as an extra source of support next to AA or other support groups, online or in real life.
I’m not in AA myself, so I can’t advise you there. I do know there is a load of alternatives to AA available. let me give you this link. And wish you all success in your sober journey. If I know one thing, it is that community is key for success. We can’t do it alone. Together we can do it. One day at a time.

2 Likes

Here is a helpful topic on sponsors…

4 Likes

Maybe try another meeting were there are woman , or a womans meeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

‘in the rooms’ online has amazing womens groups daily! sign up for an account. those groups were essential to my recovery.

2 Likes

Could try this 24hr zoom meeting might be able to ask around here maybe find a sponsor near you that could work with you. Dont give up or feel like you wont find one there will be someone who can help you along.:+1:

1 Like

Hi Masha!

I think with todays methods an online sponsor could be successful we have FaceTime or zoom, texting, phone more ways to be connected.

I don’t know where you live but maybe they have women only meetings? While the recovery community is probably a 5:1 ratio men to women there is some strong women groups out there.

Someone else mentioned in the rooms, which is a great online meeting source can’t be beat

1 Like