Can you encourage and join me?

Started my day 1 today.

Is there anyone who can help me out on this venture? Atleast to support me for the initial 21 days which I keep as a challenge for myself.

Please let me know if anyone would like to accompany me in this venture. If anyone aware about any groups where we can speak/hear, please let me know about that as well.

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Beth, my sober date was on the 15th, I’d be glad to join you in starting these steps together.
I have my first meeting tonight, and if you want to join an online meeting I have be suggested this site, there are meetings every hour for people to join: aahomegroups

I haven’t been to one there myself yet but J hope it can help you!

2 Likes

I took a few weeks off in lent of 2019 and almost 3 years later I’m still sober AF, stable AF, and rich AF (mostly spiritually, but my finances are def better too lol). You can do this man if you’re willing to be honest with yourself and let go. I personally come and go to much to make promises, but I’m rooting for you. It gets easier (and so much better). Same to you @Turnsy95 :slight_smile: use all the resources, as you get back whatever you put in.

4 Likes

This whole forum ts is exactly that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good morning wonderful people! Yay taking the initiative to recognize the road blocks are key. Changing the way you think about yourself and the road to happiness and good health doesn’t have to be painstaking or looked at like some dreadful obstacle course. Try and change prospective and it may be easier. Start by writing a letter to yourself with full disclosure on why you are making this decision. Put it away then in 21 days read it again and then burn it let it go. It like the old you is gone you can no longer relate in the present with that so let it go. Being able to evolve into the new you without dragging the old you along seems to be the difficult part. Heal in a healthy way. Set your goals so your not setting up for failure. One step at a time. We got this. Positive energy sent.

1 Like

I’m starting my Day 1 here (once again) and can use the support. I will also be starting naltrexone today which is supposed to help with cravings. I wonder if anyone else has tried it.
I know the support is important but I won’t go to an in person AA meeting. I live in a relatively small community and with my job I cannot risk this getting out. It is my secret I guess and even my family does not realize that a bottle of wine a day isn’t good. My husband doesn’t drink so it means nothing to him and my kids are grown and out of the house.
So thanks in advance for the support here.
Mornings are always easy. I’ll see how life is when 5 rolls around.

1 Like

you can use the magnifying glass to search for keywords. there are several shares on naltrexone.
I keep you allin my prayers :pray:

Simple try a meeting they will help , lift the phone phone the AA help line or office they will guide you to you nearest meeting face to face or Zoom wish you well

1 Like