Canadian friends?

Heyo, fine people. Waking up in the west, my 476th day. Let’s do this!

10 Likes

Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia!! Today I am sober from a crack cocaine addiction for 1 month and 13 days!! Feeling amazing. Looking healthy. Longest period of sobriety I have had in about 17 years. Went about things differently this time and found lots of professional help and am also finally facing other traumas in my life that triggered my use. Everything feels right in my life again. I am so determined to keep my sobriety this time around. Nothing is going to stop me. So everyone, here’s to another 24 hrs drug free, healthy and happy!!

14 Likes

Day 78 for this Canadian :canada:

7 Likes

Are you guys all dug out from that snowmageddon? How are things in your area?

1 Like

@Dary @Maverick936 @NotAfraid @ifs @CapriciousCapricorn @SonyaLeah38 @Salty good for you guys! I’m happy to hear from you & I like this check-in, I feel energized by it.

One my way out to notarize some documents for my adoption and then to see my dad’s two Samoyed dogs and then off to Costco. Take care today guys :innocent:

6 Likes

Originally from the UK but have been in Alberta for the last 14 years. Day 550 for me.

8 Likes

Far as east goes, labrador

9 Likes

I had a Samoyed mix growing up. She was great!

1 Like

We love ‘em. They’re social and friendly and always up for a walk. Great dogs! Very furry though :joy:

1 Like

I didnt log on yesterday. I shut my phone off Saturday night and didnt turn it back on to prevent the temptation of reading and answering texts. Out of sight out of mind was the goal, out of sight yes but out of mind, no. For distraction, i plugged into my video game yesterday morning at 830 am and stayed hard wired into that until 3am last night. Staring down a Monday morning…and still the nagging, craving, constant thought of coke wont go away and it makes me angry at myself. Normally im this aggitated and broke 3 days after payday and also worrying about my next fix, rent, bills, and food (in that order too sadly) so im trying to remind myself that atleast this week i have rent, bill $, and can buy food; and that i only need to win the battle right now, hour by hour, for today :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey how are u today?

Love Cape Breton, so gorgeous!! I was born and raised in Maine, we visited Nova Scotia and PEI frequently…breathtaking!!

3 Likes

A marvelous Monday to my fellow Canadians! :wave:

4 Likes

Nothing beats the Maritimes! But I’m a bit biased lol :laughing:

2 Likes

It is truly spectacular!! I love the coast of Maine, but Canada and the Maritimes put Maine to shame!

2 Likes

My dad was born in Advocate Harbour. Haven’t been back there since I was a kid but I have fond memories of the place and the people:

1 Like

Oh nice. Don’t think I’ve been there. Heard of it though

1 Like

It’s a smaaaalllll town that (like a lot of other small towns across the country) is getting smaller and smaller :slightly_smiling_face: But it is very scenic and has that wonderful Maritime charm! :smile:

Good afternoon B’ys!! Just checking in to see how everyone is enjoying this awesome day!! 1 month 16 days mark for me. Feeling fantastic!!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m at 81 days :grinning: snow storm moving in. Just when I was excited for spring but I should know better than expecting an early spring lol

4 Likes