Cannabis hyperemesis syndrome

It’s real …I had it and it is awful. Google if not familiar. I smoked two ounces a week for years. Getting awful stomach and nausea issues. Only way I could eat was to be crazy high. Doctor ran every GI test…nothing helped. Then I read about CHS. The only way to stop it is to stop taking THC which I thought was helping.
First 7 days were Awfull…cramps, psychological and physical withdrawal…this is day nine and I am really feeling much better. It’s a process to get everything back in order but it happens if we ABSTAIN …bless all who read this.

7 Likes

Whooooaaaa you just blew my mind!! I’ve never heard of this before but I’m pretty convinced I had this. I used to regularly wake up in the middle of the night with horrific stomach pain and nausea. The only thing that helped was taking a hot bath. At the time I thought it was just my gallstones but I think it may have been this on top of it!

1 Like

The hot baths were dead give away…I took 4 a day…it’s the only way to cope.

1 Like

I am on day three of withdrawals. Verified CHS. I’ve smoked everyday for almost a decade to help me cope with depression and other things. Giving up smoking pot isn’t something I ever planned on. But it’s really helpful to know there are other people who have been through it.

1 Like