Cannabis Withdrawal

I changed my habits. Avoided things that made me wanna smoke. Just go outdoor, if you can go walking in nature. Avoid your friends that smoke and places you used to go. I al doing things that make my body tired (sport). Went on Pinterest , Found some quotes and hung them in my house. Changed the music I listened to. Life is not clouded any more.

1 Like

Tot be more focused, life is too short to live it in a cloud. I also staterted school, to get a extra degree following school in the evening. Need clear head of I wanna succeed

1 Like

I want a good job and I take meds, want to see what they are doing! If I decide to smoke again I need to earn it!

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve been on meds for years and have always been a heavy boozer and pot head. I never gave the meds a chance to do their thing. Best to find out what you’re like without pot, then you can make an informed decision about whether smoking is good for you or not. Will also probably give you a bit more self-control over your smoking. I’m guessing. I’m only eight days not high. Pretty good so far. I’m a bit manic and need to keep myself busy. I recommend exercise. Tiring yourself out is good.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m in a similar spot however i always slip on the 2nd - 3rd day , but i also see that i smoke in smaller portions less often. It’s been a few years and it has become a heavy cross rather than a medicine ( I abuse easily). Anyway , good luck man i know that one day i can let go of these shackles too :slight_smile:

Good luck to you too. Things like this place are useful. Consider getting outside assistance seriously. It ain’t easy on your own. I knew it was bad for me since I was 18, but kept at it for a few more decades till my mind kind of broke. No fun.

I quit around 3 years ago for work, Easy. But this time ago is so much more difficult! Congrats on your 8 days! Thats alot! Ive always drank, smoked meth or snorted pills. So Ive never been sober off everything since 14. Scary to live a life without a handicap. I guess?

1 Like

Yeah you kind of have to surrender to the unknown a bit. Especially if intoxicants have been a part of your routine since 14. That’s why you’ll need (probably professional) support. Counsellor, NA, whatever. Get advice from your doctor. Who knows what kind of person you’ll be after you’re clean. BUT, it will definitely be better, And you’ll feel a lot better in your head. But you may have to go through some hairy parts while you figure out how to function without your stuff. Like, wtf do these normal people do in the evenings if they’re not getting high or boozed haha? Stay busy and keep active.
Cliche: No one ever stops unless they genuinely want to, and only you know that. You’ll know if you’re bullshitting yourself. You’ll be sweet. The fact you’re even on this forum is massive.

1 Like