Cannabis Withdrawal

Hey everyone,
Anyone stopped pot recently? Any thoughts to share? I’m on day four and have just woken up from my first crazy vivid dream. Anyone else get these?

2 Likes

4 months sober from a lot of things including weed. Vivid dreams all the time. Just gotta power through, man. You can do this. It truly does get easier. I was smoking a quarter a week. Now I rarely think about weed at all. It’s crazy. Don’t cave, keep going. You can do this.

4 Likes

Thanks Kerry. Much appreciated. Good luck with your own trip.

1 Like

Yup on day 19 right now. The struggle is real with herb. I abused the shit out of it and it really effected my auto immune disease. First couple weeks were brutal. But doing way better now. Still not getting sleep and yes the dreams are crazy. Sweated through my sheets every night. Good luck and keep up the work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Schrute. I had to laugh at the sheet-sweating. Good to know it gets easier. Guess my brain has a lot to say after 20 years of haze. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

It gets better and easier! Still have crazy vivid dreams, that part is nuts! But the sweating and bitchiness has worn off at least lol. Edit: I’m on day 38

1 Like

Jeez! 38 days and still vivid dreams?! Well, guess I should start a dream journal. I’m sure my brain is trying to talk to me :grin:

1 Like

More vivid than I could ever have imagined! Its actually really cool

1 Like

I smoked about an eighth/day for a few years straight, besides spending a whole lotta money on weed and drinks that went with it, I am 7 days sober today… night sweats are gone and fatigue is the hardest part… making sure you keep eating and putting nutrients into your diet, vivid dreams are the least of your worries, enjoy those… just stay positive and when you find yourself craving a joint, go workout or have a soda… the chemicals in your brain need some time to reset, but you’ll get there!:+1:t3: I was sober for 2 years before relapsing… hoping this time I can go longer!

3 Likes

Last night’s was cool. In the past I’ve woken up sweating and screaming lol

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we’re in a similar spot. Don’t suppose you’ve got a bit of black dog and anxiety too? Keep at it. :+1:

How does one avoid getting to the point where quitting would cause withdrawal? I’m a medicinal user (really just for depression etc) and it’s helped me immensely not want to drink. But I’m super intolerant, “micro” doses are enough and edibles knock me over.

I only use it for nights in.

2 Likes

I guess because it’s a psychoactive drug, and if you use it enough/excessively (especially if you use it in a negative way to smother emotions, or just to get fkn wasted) it sort of re-wires your normal cognitive functioning. It stops your brain going through it’s normal, necessary processing. For example, I’ve just had a break-up. Previously I would deal with that by getting wasted -booze and pot for me, but I guess it could be anything- and deliberately not experiencing the feelings that are essential to help you recover and get better. So, now I’ve stopped for a bit, and I was, like some of the people above, smoking HEAPS, then feelings that have been restrained, and have previously not been allowed to do their thing, gush out. “Withdrawal” doesn’t really sound like the right word for me. It’s more like a dam of unprocessed, uncategorised, disorganised emotions that are now like a tsunami. I’m crying A LOT, and I’m OK with it. It feels a bit cleansing even if I feel like crap.
This is not to be negative about pot. I think it effects everyone in different ways and depends on how you use it, and it can definitely be really helpful for anxiety or depression etc. But we’re talking about abuse. It sounds like it’s doing the trick for you, especially if you’re in a legal state and can get informed advice. Good luck mate, and sorry if I over-answered that question :):man_facepalming:

I don’t actually think I answered your question haha. In short, carry on what you’re doing. Sounds like a good thing. When you wake up and light a joint to get you going, you might want to check yourself.

3 Likes

Am at that stage mate with the dreams I call it’s the devil temptation just think to yourself it’s not gonna last forever there is light at the end of the tunnel plus I feel much better mentally and physically just after 15days that’s my drive to not make me go back to my old ways

Nice one. Yep I did a month once. Not out of choice though. And I actually looked like a different guy. Bright eyes, happy face etc. I told my counsellor today about the crazy dreams and she wants me to write them down. Says they will be really useful in getting to the crux of things. Good luck with your stuff.

Doing alot better than I am. Ive gotten 2 days and relapsed. I want to quit but everything drives me to want to smoke. The wind might blow the wrong way and I want to smoke. Good luck! Keep us updated!

Don’t beat yourself up about it. Tips? Get rid of all your paraphernalia (bongs, vapes, grinders, papers etc). Try and stay away from smoker mates for while. If they give you hassle for not smoking, maybe ditch them, or give them a talking to. Exercise as much as you can. Find stuff that’s going to keep you occupied and tire you out. I’m very new to this too. But these are things I’m doing to try and stop. Good luck.

1 Like

I wish it was that easy. My Boyfriend smokes too and we live together. Its around me all the time. Its the hardest thing ever right now!

Yeah that’s tough. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to do it either. I’m avoiding my mates at the moment and they aren’t even big smokers. Just seeing them will make me think about getting high. Why are you wanting to quit ganja?