Can't believe it's already been a week

I’ve officially gone to an AA meeting everyday for a week now and I’m really starting to enjoy it. It’s really pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me with my social anxiety a lot, when I step into that room I know that nobody there is judging me or expecting anything from me but to listen and share if I want. A lot of the members even say they’re glad to see me again and they’re happy I keep coming back. Today I even stayed after the meeting for awhile to talk to people. Mentally I’m still struggling and lying to myself that I can have a drink or two and be okay but rationally I know I can’t. I’m feeling good about my sobriety and for once enjoying not being absolutely wasted everyday!

13 Likes

That’s wonderful! Happy to hear it. You deserve to feel good about this - I’m happy for you, good work! :raised_hands:t2: :muscle:t2: :innocent:

3 Likes

doing great well done wish you well

2 Likes

Congrats!! Happy for you. Sobriety is hard work sometimes but it’s SO worth it. I love having more money, remembering everything and feeling great every single day. The feeling great part is the best!

1 Like

Congrats on a week!
Glad to hear it’s going well for you and it only gets better the more you go.
I really enjoy going to meetings. In the beginning, I had a lot of anxiety sharing with strangers and socializing. It’s a great place to practice. Now, I can speak in front of any type of crowd with no anxiety. Socializing comes much easier these days too. Knowing I’m not being judged made the world of difference. The bonus is the new friends I’ve made.

1 Like