Can't trust anyone

I need some help and advice since I got sober I find it really hard to trust people I can’t even trust my councillor to talk about things I’m afraid it’s goin to bring me back down a bad road

I guess trust must be built up slowly. I don’t trust ANYONE and lied/ hidden things all my life! Sharing info used to cause me anxiety mainly because i have intimacy issues! . Now ive learned that people don’t actually pay that much attention to each other, each person is wrapped around their lives. What the reason behind your trust issues?

First, the only person you need to trust is you. No one cares for you more than you. You need to make the right decision for you!

In most of our lives someone has hurt us, we’ve hurt someone, or we lost a loved one; there is a trauma of emotional or physical pain somewhere. Scar tissue is created… In many cases these scars do go away, but you will remember there was a scar.

Most important thing you need to do is understand the situation. 5 questions: what, when, where, why and how? You may not be able to find a logical or rational answer, and that’s ok. Forgiveness usually finds me when I answer these questions with an open-heart and meditation.

1 Like