CaptAZ's kinda daily check in

That looks amazing! Got any speaker stuff on the go?

1 Like

Wonderful job! I am sure your partner is thrilled!! Everyone loves a home improvement…especially when it is done.

1 Like

I do :joy::rofl: always do.

Making up some sealed boxes for some 8s on my doors. Never satisfied

3 Likes

Is that MDF you are using?

1 Like

The counter top is 3/4" birch plywood, with 1x4 furring strip glued to the edges.

The speaker box is 1/2" MDF

Happy to see you doing well. :blush: I hope to see lots of pictures of all the work you’ve been doing. I’ve got a thing for renovating houses :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

I don’t want to brag and show-up your wood working skills but check out this masterpiece we made today.
Ok I fine, didn’t do any wood work but I did screw it all together. I can’t claim the fabulous paint job. That’s my 4 year old :joy:

13 Likes

All the screws are counter sunk, looks good! And the paint is wonderful, crafting with the kids can be a chore, but usually it’s pretty damn fun.

@Sober_Ninja just doing life at this point, all the stuff I wanted to do as a drunk is now getting time. Renovating is fun, I like fixing/reusing things over just flat out replacing but either way, when you can put a shine on something you’ve worked on with your hands, it’s an immensely good feeling

2 Likes

I think you could sell those! Very good,:blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Gabe, I’m with you. I took 5 months off to get sober, but I was pretty busy detoxing and trying to live through the next minute. I’ve been off work for about 3 days (did some stuff on Monday and Tuesday that technically count as being at work) and I’m LOSING MY DAMN MIND!!! I’ll get it together though. Don’t have a choice, really. They said till the 29th, but we all know that this place is going to be shut down at least a month, probably longer. And as soon as I get a new routine down it will be back to work!

3 Likes

How will you go about getting a new routine for yourself?

I know it sounds silly, but I haven’t been able ti do that in the 7 weeks I’ve been off work. I REALLY need to develop a solid routine, but I (literally) can’t move from ‘thinking about it’ and ‘jotting down a few ideas about it’’ to “actually doing anything about it’

It’s obviously my fault and it’s making me very frustrated and a little defeated. I feel like I’m a sloth on a hamster wheel :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I have no fucking clue. :laughing:

These things seem to work themselves out when I get out of their way, honestly. I just tend to go with what feels right and stop trying to force things. When I try to make things happen I only end up overthinking EVERYTHING and doing absolutely NOTHING!!! So, get the hell out of your way!

Terrible advice, do not follow.

4 Likes

Made me lol :+1::joy:

I don’t force anything by hibernating in bed most of the time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yet you are trying to force it by overthinking it. Just get the hell out of bed and see where your feet take you.

3 Likes

Bathroom, then kitchen, then back to bed :flushed:

Tomorrow when I wake up, I will focus on not thinking about my lists… and see what happens :+1:

3 Likes

And you know I will be here all day, bored out of my mind, to find out how it went.

3 Likes

Thank you!! :kissing_heart:

And sorry @CaptAZ for, unhmn, gate crashing your thread … a bit ?:grimacing:

2 Likes

I mean, we are checking in with each other. David doesn’t mind sharing space.

2 Likes

Hell naw, this is what it’s all about, life in recovery, checking in, relating to one another, giving and getting advice.

Carry on folks, I truly do not mind

8 Likes

David, I’m not sure I’ve ever told you this, but, I love you man. And not in the Bud Light commercial kinda way. :rofl:

2 Likes