CaptAZ's kinda daily check in

The feeling is totally mutual. You’re good peeps. It’s a pleasure to know you.

Think about it, had we not been ragged out addicts and alcoholics, none of us would probably know each other, life’s funny, and beautiful.

6 Likes

Amen to that. There’s so much that wouldn’t have happened without the ways we’ve lived our lives, but knowing some of you lucky bastards is the one I’m happiest for.

1 Like

Day 791, still sober, still working, still just doing life. Feathers remain unruffled. Work has implemented their social distance thing, makes my job even easier lol. Free rides, everyone in and out through the rear doors.

Hope you’re all having a splendid day

10 Likes

793 days on the brighter side of life.

Got some work done yesterday. Gonna help my aunt pull a client’s toilet today, before I got sober, never seen, heard, talked too or cared about her. She helped me a lot when I was reconstructing our home, quite handy that little old woman is.

Life’s good even when the world is mad.

Peace be with you folks

9 Likes

Dude that counter top looks dope and I’m a carpenter so :+1::+1:
What table saw did you buy? I’m adding a table saw and a thicknesses/planner to my to collection when my tax rebate comes next month. Woodworkers need so many damn tools it’s unreal!! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well thanks! I thought it came out pretty good myself, and the wife loves it so that’s all I really care about lol.

It’s just a cheapo harbor freight bench top saw, I don’t have space for a full deal, or the need, but if I had the space, I’d find the need :rofl::joy: and hell yeah, there’s a tool for everything. Can get quite a bit done with just a few things, but having the right tool definitely saves time.

Sooo… How’s it going?

1 Like

We it the kreg pocket hole jig that you used? I use a trend one, they are a big manufacturer of routers, bits and jigs here. Use a trend hinge jig and a kick jig aswell it makes hanging doors and fitting locks so much faster. Harbor freight are decent enough, I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos about them. I’m getting the DeWalt cordless 54 volt flex volt ones, I don’t really need ones to that spec and expense but I’m already in that battery platform plus I’m a tool junkie! :joy::joy::+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This was such a conundrum for me! I finally decided to schedule my day starting with set meal times (my favorite part of the day) including snacks and a relatively solid wake up and bedtime. Then just fill in the gaps! Has been working pretty well for me.

2 Likes

Yeah just a lil old k3 kreg jig, worth every penny of the 40 bucks I spent on it too.

All the jigs make life easier for sure, takes a lot of guess and measurement out if the equation.

2 Likes

It’s a work in progress :sweat_smile:

I have just ‘gone where my feet take me’ for the last 3 days. I did do some exercise each of those days, so that’s an improvement.
This morning I had a fairly early tele-session with my psychiatrist (gonna change sleep meds). It made me realize that having a good reason to get my butt out of bed helps me get going. Maybe I need to create something for 1st thing… (overthinking?)

I’m back on the sofa now, surfing TS. Going to have lunch and read Musashi’s Dokkodo. I think I got that from an exchange between you and @Yoda-Stevie About to start Precept 2. I’m really liking it so far.

So I’m feeling a bit better, but feel I should be doing more to help speed things along :upside_down_face:

How are you? Keeping busy and out of mischief? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s a good idea, thank you! I often skip breakfast, yet it used to be my favorite meal of the day. I’d basically eat my main meal of the day then… curry, stew, whatever :grimacing:

I should start doing that again, even if it’s just something on toast. :+1:

Thank you! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Trying to stay out of trouble. It’s easier, yet harder, when you don’t have anywhere to go.

Coming up with something for first thing in the morning is a great idea, just don’t force it to be something that’s not going to work. Finding your routine won’t happen in a day or a week, but you’ll start to notice small things falling into place. If you let it develop a bit organically you can begin to shape it from there.

I bought the Book of 5 Rings and started it the other day. I’m having crazy trouble focusing on reading, unfortunately. I’m sure I’ll get to it, I will probably be off work closer to 2 months than 2 weeks, so I’ve got plenty of time.

2 Likes

Looks nice!

1 Like

Thank you :pray: This really helps :+1:

… But Yikes!!! I was hoping it would blow over in 2 weeks :flushed:

1 Like

No problem! My previous “routine” sounds a lot like yours, but unlike you I’ve never been much of a breakfast eater. That changed when I started getting up with my hubby around 5:30/6 :flushed: And if you get squirrelly you can always set alarms/reminder notifications for your meals so you don’t have to think too hard about scheduling your time. I started that today and it’s pretty helpful (30 min heads up so I can wrap up what I’m doing and start salivating, lol!) Good luck!

2 Likes

Some small part of my brain was hoping the same, but my rational brain knew better.

2 Likes

My aunt called and asked for some help with a toilet, she’s like a handyman/hustler over at her park, they said the toilet sank into the ground. And they weren’t kidding :rofl::joy: damn thing dropped straight down and was only supported by the sewage pipe. Well she’s 60, 100 pounds, and she broke her back a long time ago, so she called the muscle :rofl::joy::rofl:. We ground off the bolts and I yanked it out. Found and artifact from another time and place underneath the floorboard, a mountain dew can with a pull tab top.

Just another day in the life. Hope y’all is well.

8 Likes

People used to cut their feet in flip-flops on those tops.
When drinking and driving was still legal (hard to believe), pop tops were strewn all over the quick mart
parking lots.

2 Likes

When I lived in the Keys in early 80s there was a drive up for drinks!

3 Likes