CaptAZ's kinda daily check in

I heard about that in a song about margaritas and mistakes :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Dude, that’s cool as hell!!

3 Likes

That’s too funny. I remember hooking the tabs together when I was a kid and cutting myself. My dad was a heavy beer drinker so we had tons of them.

5 Likes

We used to make curtains with them for the door to our room! Same here with big beer drinkers from parents.

5 Likes

Any carpenters can appreciate this beam. 8”x18”x 28 ft. Long!! Wtf?! That’s a HUGE beam! image|375x500

5 Likes

That’s some big wood :smirk::smirk: I like all wood that needs machinery to get into place. Probably weighs a ton.

2 Likes

Just over 8.5 metres, that just have come from a pretty gnarly tree :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This house was built in the 8Os. You would have a hard time finding that beam today.
It’s a big neighborhood too. So there’s lots of these beams in every garage. Incredible!

3 Likes

2 or 3 story?

Day 795 over here.

Beautiful day in the neighborhood, 70s, overcast, slight breeze. Played with my tools a bit, paid a bill, rode bikes with the girls to the park and shot some hoops… the girls even hooped and made a few shot, hell yeah.

Just another wonderful day sober. Keep trudging my friends.

13 Likes

2 story. It’s such over kill that it’s ridiculous. All the weight from the roof is going to the opposite walls.
But beams like that used to grow on trees I guess… get it? Ha.

These days there’s a 4x14 or maybe a 6x14 at most for garage beams like that. But they are lam beams (man made)

1 Like

Total overkill. Totally American. Totally badass. Gotta get at it and classy it up a bit. That’s a centerpiece type of beam.

1 Like

Looks like something that belongs in an 18th century man-o-war, or a Viking long house. Serious timber there.

1 Like

Well 797 days sober, still doing weird shit and annoying the neighbors with my constant devisings and power tools.

Making some big ass boxes to bolt to my doors for some 8" woofers, why you ask? Cause I’m American as hell and there is no replacement for displacement :rofl::joy:

Hope y’all are well. Keep doing the damn thing.

11 Likes

Welcome Row! There are a great bunch of people here. Folks from all over the world so there is always someone to talk to. Just ask for help if you need it.

Day 801, another day in the life.

Didn’t pick up extra work, spent much of the day in the carport doing my thing and making progress. I relish the small victories of hohum days more and more.

Kids and wife are still healthy and pretty happy, hell I’m still healthy and pretty satisfied, not much more I can ask for. Gratitude is one of my favorite topics, and I have much to be grateful for.

Stay sober, stay healthy, stay happy, greener pastures are on the other side of the side, let’s keep trudging toward them.

7 Likes

A little late to the party, but I’m a fellow wood worker and tool junkie as well.

Nice job on the countertop @CaptAZ, looks amazing!

@anon13078412 you can’t go wrong with the Dewalt flexvolt cordless tools, pretty much all I use and so fun to keep buying new ones! Make sure you get the rapid charger, saves so much time.

1 Like

I’ve got it m8, it can’t with the first circular saw I bought though I want the multi one… Need it for the 12ah batteries I use in the mitre saw. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 806 I think.

Good productive day, made it to work, got over 20k steps in at work, got home and ate, chilled with the wifey and then got done sanding and painting in. Pods are coming along nicely, can’t wait to get tunes back in the truck.

Stay healthy, stay safe, stay sober folks.

6 Likes

Day 811. Another day in the life, work is still rollin, 13.5 hours of overtime yesterday, still staying sober. Wife quit the job she hated so I am picking up the slack, and getting the bills paid still.

Enjoying the mundane-ness of life. It’s reliable, it’s dependable which is what I always wanted.

5 Likes