CBD oil for alcohol abuse

I’m still reading and it looks complicated. I think it depends on the source. I’m still just going to wait until July 1st and see what comes available then. It’s just easier.

1 Like

That was my routine too. Drink in the afternoon and evening, took klonopin to sleep at night, and as much Xanax as I needed to get “normal” in the morning. My detox was heavily geared toward to benzos because I ended up taking so much. But the detox from alcohol is similar to the benzos so two birds with one stone. 8+ months later and I’m still dealing with the ugly reality of what those benzos did to my mind and body.

I’ve heard a lot about CBD and it’s an option I may discuss with my psych, but for now I’m staying away from it. But this thread has given me a lot to think about for sure!

I live in Alabama. Where would i go to find CBD close to where I live? I’ll be traveling to Colorado and Tennessee soon for work.

Can someone explain this a little more? Vap? I saw gummy options but haven’t had consistent responses from food-like options?

Supposedly it’s legal in 51 states I got it online from a company in Florida and they shipped it to me in Illinois took about 4 days

You can order it online. I order from 2 different companies. The first cbd gummy bears i bought was at my local vape shop.

I recommend this brand. This 1oz bottle lasts me about 2 weeks and is $16

This one is good too.
I get both from a health food store called Lassens. They also sell cbd tea there.

1 Like

Magnesium, melatonin, niacin and inositol for me!

For extreme cases of anxiety and depression 5-Htp it’s a branch chain amino acid that you can find at the supplement shop. It works wonders for me but make sure you have time to sleep in as it will make you sleep or take it early. Also, I never take a full dose and only take it every few days. I used this when i was quitting at first but now that my mood has stabilized I don’t use it often at all…haven’t tried it in months.

2 Likes

Cbd oil is not illegal in the uk

I think someone had mentioned that one about a year ago!! I’ve never seen it before but maybe I’ll look.

1 Like

CBD oil does not produce a high, as it has less than 0.2% of the psychoactive tetra­­­hydro­­cannabinol, so it is legal in the UK. . Sorry i hadn’t seen the replies you had already got

1 Like

@VeganSober HUGELY HELPFUL!!!

1 Like

This article shows state by state laws around CBD! https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=006473

Yes it has helped me out, I get the cbd waters and they are awsome they help more than I imagined! They taste fresh as well!

2 Likes

I will be trying some cbd the next time I get enough money for it.

1 Like

Just quick update day 3 of CBD oil. My anxiety still horrendous BUT sleeping better and no desire to drink tonight even though very very tough day. I’m definately continuing with this

4 Likes

5htp sounds like it has great benefits, some of the articles on the side effects are abit concerning though

1 Like

One thing I have noticed about CBD is it can make you groggy the next morning if you take a large amount before bed, but that if you take a smaller or recommended amount it seems to help with staying asleep and not waking up so much through the night. Dreams can be alot more vivid on it though and sometimes I wake up being like wow cause you remember every detail

I haven’t had any side effects personally, but I also use it in very small quantities.

My co-worker had great results with 5-HTP. My husband started taking it as well with no problems. I got extremely sick. I’ve attempted taking small doses three different times. Each time, I experienced dizziness, extreme nausea…followed by vomiting. I was really excited to try it. Pretty disappointed that I get such bad side effects with it.

1 Like