Celebrating without booze

It’s so weird to go to parties and be offered alcohol and to just… Turn it down. What I really don’t like is hanging on the edge of “no” because I desperately want to say “YES!”

4th of July was weird this year for more than the state of the nation for me.

4 Likes

Same here. I know what you mean. It’s tough when the same people ask you multiple times. Maybe try bringing some kind of craft root beer or soda or something? I’ve heard that helps but I havent tried it. Grenadine and sprite is always good, albeit full of sugar. But then again so is alcohol so it’s a better option in my book.

1 Like

I found the best thing for me was to just avoid all things where alcohol would be. That meant missing Christmas 2018.
But I had to think what was more important to me?
Sit in a barbers long enough and you’ll end up getting a haircut!

4 Likes

It gets easier. Now, i usually have a soda in my hand and rarely get asked.

And…to be honest…only an alcoholic thinks it weird to say no to a drink. Normal people do it all the time

5 Likes

You need to stop and think to yourself “how does alcohol ACTUALLY make this better?” There is absolutely nothing that you can do with alcohol that you can’t do without it…and you don’t puke, don’t fall down and cut yourself, don’t wake up with a hangover.

3 Likes

My thoughts also; and seeing people getting drunk is a big turn off so it makes my resolve stronger. Not missing anything!

2 Likes

I have found, i dont go to events like that anymore. Not because I feel tempted…but, its just not my life style any more.

6 Likes

I agree, I’m pretty much a homebody.
I can remember when I bartended and seeing the tide turn on people. Never happened to me of course, :laughing::roll_eyes::wink:

2 Likes