Champix Experiences

Good whatever-time-of-day is applicable to where you are.

Right on, straight to it - I’m currently on Champix. My attempt at going cold turkey a month or so ago was just ridiculous - foolish of me to think i coulr quit cigarettes unassisted! Im supposed to be on my 6th day but I left it at work so am on the 5th day of tablets. While I know its far too early yet to see any noticeable difference, did anyone here notice a difference really close to starting the course?

Im finding myself really wanting a cigarette but then at the same time, really not wanting a cigarette, it truly is the weirdest feeling ive ever had! I smoke approximate 20/30 a day and in just those 5 days, have probably cut down to 10 a day. I feel there is probably a big placebo effect going on but I know there are cases where its taken almost immediate effect.

I was told that on champix, if you want a cigarette, have a cigarette but they didnt tell me what to do if I really want a cigarette but then really don’t want a cigarette! What do I do?! Its way too soon to test my will power but then is it not the whole point of the course?

Any experiences, id love to hear :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh and also, did anyone else get really bad indigestion whilst on it?

2 Likes

Good for you for making the effort to quit smoking.

Chantix is what finally worked for me. I had very weird vivid dreams while on it.

Just pick your quit date and stick to it. At this point, you are probably wanting a smoke out of habit, more than craving

I discovered that I used smoking to manage my anger. That required some therapeutic work to remedy.

Best of luck to you.

Ive heard that dreams are very vivid on it but im not finding that yet. Just that my appetite is huge and my cravings are confused.

Good luck! And please keep the updates coming.

Right now I’m working on being sober but I’ve noticed I’ve been smoking a lot more. I’ve kind of been giving myself a pass right now but the ultimate goal is to one day give up the smokes too.

I’ve heard good and bad things about the chantix but when I’m ready I’ll be willing to take any aid that I can get.

Have you had any crazy dreams or bad mood swings?? Those are the two biggest issues I’ve heard of people experiencing. I don’t need any mood swings or effed up nightmares to make me feel like picking up a drink.

1 Like

Ive not had the moodswings or the dreams but im only 7 days in. So maybe I will, Im not sure!

The pass on cigarettes, some may frown on it, I say whatever works for you. My GP and stop-smoking nurse told me that continuing to smoke was probably a wise move for my situation so maybe the same for yours. Ultimately, you can only make your chances of success greater if you quit when you are ready to so dont be pushed. :slight_smile:

All the best for your sobriety :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you and good luck! Cigarettes are a bitch :tired_face::tired_face:

So the dreams started kicking in - They are insane. They’re like full consciousness. Ive cut down from 30 marlboro reds a day and am finding 5/6 silk cut purple a day a struggle and am pretty exhausted which i’m not sure is a side effect of the tablets (although probably is) but could just be the crazy work hours catching up.

I think i’m nearing my stop date but am going to run the course. Also, my appetite is ridiculous, the colour seems to be coming back to my face, the black under my eyes is fading and I dont feel so wired. :slight_smile:

2 Likes