Changing people ,places and things in Recovery

I was at the St Albans NA meeting in Bexley tonight. I talked about how sober living was the best decision I ever made in my life. Buckeye Clinic has taken all the external pressures away. It truly is a great place to work on yourself and your recovery for an extended period of time. I know character is the sum of your habits . When I was in active addiction I had bad habits hence bad moral character. In sober living I’m creating good healthy habits …working out, great friends ,meetings ,fellowship, eating healthy food,loving myself and others ,group,counseling ,sponsor and many many more good habits. I’m seeing change in myself and that is motivating something I want more of. Good habits create good character. This way of life recovery is addictive in itself for me. Repetition is the Mother of character. I used over and over and over. So in recovery I must do those good habits over and over and over . I have never been so happy in my life. I have purpose now to better myself so I can be of benefit to others. To share my experience my 35 years running with the Wicked was to prepare me for this next journey. To give hope, strength,faith and courage to the addict that still suffers. To let them know they can do it too. :grinning_face:

Thanks,

David

5 Likes