Character Defect? Got one? Working on one? Changed some?

I’ve changed almost everything in my life. Including me. I’ve been working on staying in the moment more than anything right now.
Want to listen better, pause before I speak and show myself grace. Do you have anything you’ve changed or would like to change to have a stronger recovery? Chime in please. Don’t be shy.

4 Likes

Currently working on Step 4. Self pity, fear, negative thinking are MASSIVE ones, and so ingrained I wonder if I will ever be able to change them.

1 Like

Man this is a good one. Honestly when I first started sobriety I didn’t even know what my defects we’re. I didn’t really start working the steps untill about 9 months in. Ive got so many defects and I’ve learned god will only let you see what you can handle. So for me it was anxiety, irritability, envy, caring what others think. And I’m starting to see so many more. I humbly ask him to remove these defects all the time. Help guide me with the right actions and intuitive thoughts. Honestly usually his answer is no, or I always take my will back :joy: But yeah, it’s a tough one I get complacent alot and stop working it which is exactly what my mind wants so it can trap me and try and get me to drink.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Have faith. You can do anything if u want it bad enough.
Baby :baby: steps
Don’t be hard on yourself

2 Likes

Complacency… thats a humdingger. Got me drunk a few times. I do read pg86-87 BB every morning :sunrise_over_mountains: I found when I accepted myself all the good and bad… people became less annoying, lol. Go figure. Accepting people for who they are paved the way to tolerance. Im glad u like my topic. Thanks :blush: 4 the reply friend.

2 Likes