Checking in daily to help maintain focus #7

I admire your commitment to fitness. You have me missing my spin classes at the gym I used to go to. No money on the budget for a gym membership or a bike right now so I have to jog/run. It’s just not the same. But I’ll live vicariously through you in the meantime.

3 Likes

Thanks for walking this journey with me Steve! You’ve helped my greatly at times along my travels. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow, honestly your words mean so much to me that I teared up reading them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2 Likes

Day 548. Struggling hard lately. My son who suffers from what we suspect is bipolar disorder has popped back into my life and I dont have the emotional fortitude to deal with the many facets of disruption, anxiety and hopelessmess his presence brings into my life. ugh.

10 Likes

You’re so very welcome. Hugs :hugs: Never tell yourself you’re less than the amazing woman you are! And if you forget, just let me know and I’ll give you a dose of reality. :heart:

2 Likes

That’s a hard one. Bipolar is a beast. You’re probably capable of more than you think but definitely keep your boundaries in place and guard your sobriety when dealing with him. I truly hope he can get some help and you can navigate the whole situation well. Stay sober. Stay strong.

2 Likes

@crystalclear awww. Thanks. I am feeling better. I 100% agree… I cant even think about any relationship stuff for the next year. It all gets overwhelming.
Hope your coffee is good and you get to relax a little. Nighttime here so I am off to count sheep or goats or something like that.

1 Like

Day 34 here! Just reading about everyone’s days! Glad we have each other to lean on. :heart:

My MIL started drinking again which is super annoying. We live with her so it sucks having bottles of wine in the house. Ive just been stuffing my face with donuts and cookies to compensate my cravings. She said she can control her drinking now. We shall see. Her relapse started when she wanted this dish that requiered white wine in the recipe. Well she drank that whole bottle and so she got another bottle the next day which she used the 1/2 cup of wine for the recipe and then drank the rest. I know she only wanted chicken piccata so she would have an excuse to buy wine. Oh well, all I can do is continue to stay sober and continue to set a good example. Also watching her be drunk makes me want to stay sober.

@Alfa07 …Great job on 7 days!!
@Salty… So sorry about your ex :frowning: Life is crazy.
@MandiH 700 days!! Woo hoo!

6 Likes

Rest well. It’s just now 10am on Saturday here. So funny how you’re almost living in the future!

Day 1. Reset. After 38 days of clarity, I had two glasses of wine with dinner last night.
They tasted lovely and resulted in:

• A horrible fight with my partner on the night before he leaves the country for a week.
  • Us sleeping in separate rooms
  • A terrible night of sleep
  • Waking disappointed with myself

But I also woke with a different perspective: knowing what it feels like to go backwards.
And that’s not a direction I want to go.

I chose my actions last night. Today I choose different.
Alcohol is simply not worth it.

Heavy sigh…I will be stronger.

8 Likes

@Clarity I know it’s not funny, but the way you wrote that was really humorous. I can picture myself doing the same exact thing, needed 1/2 cup wine for the recipe, drank the rest and went out to get more LOL

1 Like

50?. Jet lag motherfucker.

1 Like

Glad you’re getting right back to it. :blush: Sometimes we just need a shift in perspective and it seems that’s what you got. Now you can see clearly the cost of alcohol. Wish you well.

3 Likes

Checking in on Day 200. Less sick. Vet gave the pupper a 100% clean bill of health, so that’s tight. More relaxing today. Ordered a new mattress, that’s exciting. Other than that, same ol’ same ol’. Lots of relaxing, hoping the last of this crud is on it’s way out.

Have a strong day!!!

9 Likes

Thanks and wow!!! :star_struck:

I’m pleased with my progress this week. My knee issues seem to have resolved. I’m at baby stages but I was able to run intervals for the full time the last two days. Next week I’ll do a minute on a minute off as opposed to two minutes off and one on. I’ll gradually increase my on times until running the whole time. The first few days it felt like I weighed a thousand pounds.

I was also unable to shift from arm to arm on the pull up bar at the beginning of the week. Trying to simulate monkey bars. This morning I was almost full monkey. I lasted a good while doing it. Felt amazing.

1 Like

brilliant sober days and we covered the weather without having to derail. :joy: :joy: :joy:.

1 Like

Thank you. :hugs: I guess a reset is exactly that, in more ways than one.

1 Like

14628752_wag
Well done mate, Rock on.

4 Likes

I’ve been watching your days for a while now but just lately never seem to find your check in, Sooooo what ever day you are on now, Well done :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.