* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Day 209. Sending out extra love to my TS friends who are feeling low and facing extra challenges today. :heart:

32 Likes

This should be at the forefront of people’s minds.
Sometimes I’ve had days like this. Just barely holding it together.
Well done on your 209 :rose::grinning:

9 Likes

New thread? How come?

Anyways, checking in on day 47, New week which means new goals and new possibilities.

I think setting goals for yourself is imperative to not only living a sober lifestyle, but also living the best life you can possibly live. I not only set yearly goals like a lot of people, but I set monthly, weekly, and yes even daily goals. I begin each year with 10 or so yearly goals I want to accomplish, and each month I chose at least 1 of those as my main goal. I then break down each week how I will get to that goal, and daily assignments make it even easier.

Its a great way to approach sobriety and life. One day at a time, focus on 1 thing and make sure you get that task done. I implemented this strategy at work as well, and I’ve seen my production increase by an insane amount

Just a thought :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The old one was massive and people were struggling to load it :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Geoff. I have had many challenging days. It really helps to know people care. :tulip:

2 Likes

You’ve changed your name Kev! :grinning:

2 Likes

Day 641. More importantly T minus 12 until my wedding.

31 Likes

Check in

I didnt write much yesterday but it was a good day and I needed to expound on my recovery. Everyday lately in my recovery I’ve taken time to reflect on myself. I’m noticing now my words having meaning again which is great, for the past decade my words were just wasted breathe for myself and wasted time for the listener. My actions never represented my words. Whether it was representing my emotions, my feelings or someway in a physical sense. Addiction is selfish, recovery is just as selfish but I’m slowly expanding that care bubble for significant others bc I want and need my actions representing my words. I need to spend time with someone, I do it. I don’t allow careless words for personal gain in whatever way I could gain from it. If your important to me you’ll know it by my actions being there without question. The only thing that would stop me is if it jeopardizes my recovery and frankly I wouldn’t drop anything for anyone that would jeopardize that for me bc flat out they don’t truly care about me if they are willing to jeopardize my recovery! Again actions over words, I’ve told people I’ll be there(showed up late), I’ve told people I care(only to completely forget or do what I wanted for myself over them). The worst is disappointing loved ones with my words, they deserved better and were the ones caught in the crossfire. But don’t get it twisted, just bc your sober does not mean you possess or understand yourself. Recovery is different than sobriety. I see plenty of people in the NA rooms that struggle with concepts I understand now and that’s not to praise me and degrade them it’s just an understanding I had of myself for how fucking broken I was and how I reached out in every fashion for my recovery. Therapy, meetings, talking to people(not of the opposite sex) for a very extensive amount of time relearning how to actually express myself. I was a confident person, but that confidence was built on a fragile shelled exterior. Now my confidence truly can’t be fucked with bc it’s internal. I don’t have doubts, I don’t have worries. I hold no expectations to people anymore(that happened recently). Life is really good now bc I don’t make bad decisions comprising things I need in my life for things I want turning my words just into words bc my actions don’t represent the things I need in my life.

22 Likes

I hope you have an amazing day :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you man I appreciate that. Like they say in meetings, “we only keep what we have by giving it away”. It’s a free program built by fellow addicts and I never want to stop growing and being active in my recovery with others in turn helps me learn more for my own personal growth in my recovery! Win win for both :blush:.

5 Likes

Tho I am sober 581 days now I sometimes have those moments when my alcoholic brain tries to trick me. I was at the grocery store and had this idea of “You could get you some beer, you’ve got control over it now”. Yeah…nope. I won’t ever have control if I have that first sip. I had those “experiments” in the past and never had control.
Having mint tea with lemon now and had some yummie pastry.
Stay strong sober fam, it’s worth it :heart::kissing_heart:

34 Likes

Yum pastry :drooling_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

100% agreed with sobriety and recovery being separate things

Plenty of people are sober, but arent happy and that’s because they arent living a life of recovery. Big big difference in my opinion, spot on with that Bro

Dave

8 Likes

Day 374. This weekend reflecting on what else I’ve been putting off to long as hangovers of fear and insecurities. Some are dumb, superficial things.

We grew up without a lot of money. Now I’m doing better and still hold on to that sensibility which is probably good, but I hold myself back. Most of my furniture is still from college, for example.

Enough. Gonna see a guy about a new kitchen set today.

25 Likes

Thanks man!
Keep doing you, congrats on your 47 days sobriety and your recovery!

3 Likes
  1. Well this is exciting, A new thread :slight_smile:

Its fast approaching the end of my first year of sobriety. It’s coming really quickly! The last year has been nothing but work and focus. I’ve had a pretty empty plate, no doubt - staying sober and working hard have really been my main focuses. I definitely feel like I’m getting to a place where I can start putting new things on my plate :slight_smile: This was starters…now I’m ready for mains.

My parents have sold their houses and have bought one about 30 miles away from where we are now and as recovery has been so far so successful, I’ve decided to go with them for a bit until I figure out how to approach my next steps BUT before that…

…I’ve decided to quit my job :slight_smile:

I’ve worked pretty much non-stop for 11 months, regaining the skills and confidence I lost over the years due to alcohol and drug addiction.

… I’m taking September off!..

The move will happen on about 6/7 September, a week before I go on holiday. I’ve got plenty enough money saved and am able to support myself without a job and without having to worry about getting a new one right away

…I’m taking time out for me…

When I consider the time I’ve spent at my stove, the thousands upon thousands of dinners I’ve served this year, the hours Ive spent in chef whites and the missed family visits and my sister and sister in law both being pregnant right now, I feel I’ve earned the right to say ‘I deserve a break’

…I’m giving myself the time and energy I deserve…

Just to breathe. :slight_smile:

What a wonderful journey this is. :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Wow. So happy for you. Sounds like all of your focus and hard work has earned you this well deserved break. Good luck on your new adventures. :tulip:

Nah, that weren’t me. I don’t think, unless I logged on here a while back and forgot in the drunken haze!:thinking::joy:

1 Like

Checking in on Day 12. Ready to get this week going.

Have a strong day!!!

19 Likes

Yes Teej!!! I’ve been thinking about you, SO happy to see this post!!! :heart:

2 Likes