* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Proud of you for calling it a day and making wise choices about being done. I’m familiar with the unresolved marital issues and it does suck. Is there any way to avoid the topic? Sometimes avoiding is better than trying to hash it out when you know there is no resolution available. Sorry about work being so stressful! I hope today is better and the irritation fades. Maybe make a short gratefulness list? Get your mind focused on good thing instead? Just an idea.

2 Likes

Do you wanna talk a little more about it?
What led up to it? How much did you drink? What did you do while intoxicated? What happened after?

If we put it all on the table, maybe we can relieve some of that shame you’re feeling.
Its ok to feel some shame but you don’t need to live with it for very long in order to learn the lesson.

Shame is like an airline “flotation device”: you need it for a little while, after the plane crash but once you’re back on the ground, you throw it away.

3 Likes

Starting again is better than giving up. Give yourself some grace and maybe do something to take care of you today. Whether it’s a walk, healthy food, a treat or a favorite way to relax - do something that is in the self-care arena. I know shame is pretty much unavoidable but it doesn’t have to become your identity. You made a mistake but you are not a mistake. You are worth fighting for. Keep fighting and we’ll be here to back you up.

2 Likes

Right behind you @sprinkles 204!

4 Likes

Day 83

Woke up early this morning by missus in a panic as her sister rang, her mum had fell and was blood everywhere, she shot round and the ambulance had arrived, she wasn’t in a good way and blacked out, blood all over place & had a black eye, convulsing.
She’s been in hospital all day and just been discharged/referred to the Neuro Hospital as they stated it was a seizure. Good news all her obs etc are fine but they said she can’t drive or be on her feet too long.
Lots of tlc needed and relaxation for her, such an amazing lady & proud to have her as my mother in law, doesn’t deserve it one bit :blue_heart::heart:

Little one too school and picked up, but found it quite hard this morning as my head was pickled and felt a tad emotional, but kept it together

And as selfish as this sounds I’ve managed to keep my sobriety, as in a past first port of call would be to reach for a pack of tramadol like sweets to blot out my emotions or feelings.

Main focus is on being there for her mum, sister, my missus & little one, but keeping it all together for my girls as well as my family with my mums dementia, I know I can do this and need to do it, no going backwards now.

:v::heart:

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful for:
+Waking up in my own bed - rested, sober & safe.
+a closet full of clean clothes because I did laundry this weekend instead of getting drunk.
+I get to go to work today
+I get to have a job that I love
+I might be able to leave early and go apply for my restricted license today
+craft services
+I can use the gym at work
+I can fully surrender my day to my HP
+I can choose to be a source of light and laughter
+I can show others love and patience
+I can stay sober for the next 24 hours

33 Likes

I love this list! I’m grateful for some of the same things. Maybe I’ll make a list later today when the afternoon blues kick in. I don’t LOVE my job but I am grateful for it.

2 Likes

I probably would have cold-cocked the motherfucker. My temper comes out in situations like that.

4 Likes

What does that mean? No, not the mf part

5 Likes

Observation:

I’m approaching 2 months alcohol free and
I’m thankfully still not Jonesing for booze. I’m finally getting more comfortable in my own skin as I am. I am enjoying simple things in my natural state of being. Music and dancing happens without the need for liquid courage. I’m debating politics and social issues without needing inspiration to tap into my akashic records (I used to love debating buzzed, for whatever reason it gave me more confidence in my speech and articulation). My road rage has decreased dramatically and I’m generally more patient. The whites of eyes are clearing up and the red blood vessels are definitely fading away, making me look alot healthier. My work performance has improved alot. I’ve been averaging around $1500.00 a week in commissions therefore more savings and more investing in myself. I’m also quick to jump to opportunities, I’m alot more proactive and least likely to put tasks off to the following day. Bill’s are being paid on time. I’m prioritizing responsibilities and I’m budgeting. Actually budgeting my money instead of senselessly swiping!!!

Sobriety is so important. It’s keeping me in the present.

23 Likes

Excellent job!! Sounds like you are excelling at life. Congrats!! Keep it up.

1 Like

I don’t tolerate inappropriate touching so I would have punched the dude in the face

3 Likes

I’m actually trying for the 1st time in a long time. Thank you!

1 Like

Getting closer to one week of freedom from my eating disorder. I’ve been keeping busy with household and work projects. Down time is always the hardest time for me so I’m trying to focus on relaxing activities that are structured so I’m not risking relapse. Working on small achievable goals is helping me feel a sense of accomplishment every day. Trying to be mindful of HALTS and have life-affirming coping at the ready.

16 Likes

Day 15
Was a good workday. Glad I was sober cuz I had to use my brains in optimum forma.
Little boy visited a museum and loved Picasso :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Day 2. Definitely worth a try.

12 Likes

day 14 got headache again apart from that still doing good. Well done everyone.

14 Likes

Really glad you’re able to find plenty to JD grateful for, hopefully things are looking a bit more positive than they were a.little while back

Day 8. Am lucky enough to be sitting in the first class section of a high speed train. Usually this would mean I would be somewhere between 10 and 15 beers deep. My dubious record is two bottles of wine and 20 beers in three hours…
But today on this calm day I am drinking mint tea. Hope everyone is having a good day sober fam

22 Likes

@emc2018, your story reminds me of me. It saddens me to think of those alcohol fueled days. I’m grateful for being sober today and grateful for all you guys here. Blessings!
:sparkling_heart:

7 Likes