* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Thank you! Funny you say that because I told my mom I was going to be kind to myself this time. I sat outside for a little bit. Work was kinda nuts, but glad I could look like Nick Nolte in his mugshot and work from home :slight_smile:

Day 3. Sober workweek has been my norm. This weekend will be the toughest.

16 Likes

9 months today!!

28 Likes

72 days sober :v:

22 Likes

Checking in day 110

21 Likes

That’s so awesome! Such a huge milestone :bird:

2 Likes

Checking In: 40. Today was an emotional day and it sucked hard. That’s all.

20 Likes

Thanks @anon31131955

Checking in day 7
Reading David Goggins, Cant Hurt Me… as recommended somewhere on TS. & I am so inspired !!! On Chapter Armoured Mind. :+1: its good.

11 Likes

Weekends are hard for me too. We got this. Check in here & have a plan for the weekend.

2 Likes

@NewEngland
Hungry, angry, lonely, and tired are normal. It sounds like you had a frustrating but productive day. Hang in there, stay sober, and good days will come. The tired and hungry take awhile to subside. Angry goes away quicker. Lonely gets better when you are sober and more motivated and awake. Day 6 is a great achievement!!! Keep repeating I can and will make it to day 10.

4 Likes

Checking in
Day 11 in the bag!!!

17 Likes

@Quit4myDaughter
Mind your triggers and stay away from tempting situations (especially on the weekend). Easier said than done, but you got this!!!
Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::champagne: on day 3!!!

1 Like

300 days of not drinking alcohol. I don’t know exactly how to measure progress in “sobriety” yet, but I feel like I continue to make strides. Progress in that regard is definitely not linear - maybe looks something like this.
the dips are where life just really kicks my ass and not drinking is harder. But there is progress. And I will not drink on the dips.

35 Likes

@Corndog! Perfect!

You mind hopping over to combined sober days thread and scrolling on down to add yours to the pile? :grinning:

Thanks. I plan to attempt to catch up on yard work and start an inventory for my yardsale. I’ve had tons of energy so i might squeeze in a surf if it doesn’t get rained out. Trying to stay busy and get a little done without getting too overworked is the key.

Heck yes, Tom! Mind showing our Cubbies how a win streak like that is done? :bear: :wink:

Good on ya, buddy.

1 Like

Day 424. I’ve found myself singing a lot lately. :musical_note:

24 Likes

Day 367. I think tomorrow might be my last day of work. The CEO wants to meet with me to discuss a recent email interaction I had with one of the executives. My boss is pretty heated because I didn’t cc him on these emails, but just know, I’m right!! And I wont go down without a fight! So, I’ll likely be fired tomorrow. That’s ok, while I like what I do, I don’t like the company one bit. :smiling_imp:

30 Likes

Checking in on day 7. Have a great Wednesday :hugs:

19 Likes