* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Thanks Chad.
Arr, what’s up @anon44659383? :hugs::joy:

1 Like

Nice job Geoff!!! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you lovely lady!

Day 85. I came close to relapsing yesterday. I sat at the restaurant and almost ordered a glass of wine. But I didn’t. And I won’t ever again.

19 Likes

Last night my cat got poop stuck on her butt again and laid out a two foot stretch of poop on my bedroom carpet. At bedtime. So then I bathed a cat.
giphy

3 Likes

Good catch! :sunglasses:

Respect your elders little muffet

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Took you that long for the comeback

And yes I’m a 12th house Virgo sun = hermit

Holy crap…this was me right around hurricane sandy…right down to the “texting anyone who would give me the time of day while ignoring the people who really cared overdrafting the bank” part…

…spot on dude. Thank you for some clarity tonight :heart:

3 Likes

Day 4 daily check in. Withdrawals were pretty bad today but survived the day. Sending strength to anyone who needs it.

21 Likes

Day 36. Checking in.

19 Likes

Day 24…still hitting that brick wall in the afternoon. Ready for a non work day! Night night

17 Likes

Short version!

12 Likes
  1. Early morning after my first AA meeting last night. First lesson learned: stop drinking all this coffee at night. I knew that but it got lost in the nervous moment. I hardly slept. Well I’m sober. That’s good. Stuff is happening in my life and it might even be good stuff. That’s good too. I have to go to work in a mo. Hm. Well that’s life. I’m alive. It’s good to be alive. Have a good sober day all! Love from Amsterdam.
23 Likes

For me first person I always call is my sponsor. Who does not judge me for calling and has me laughing by the end of the conversation. The only person you have anything to prove is you. Over the decades of my recovery when family, co-worker, friends or clueless people say something hurtful, stupid and/or judgy to me it cracks me up more than upsets me. I know most have know idea about my horror story. They just focus on the cliff notes and not my success of 35 years clean and sober. With that being said focus on today everything fall in place when it needs to. Keep doing what you are doing and have fun living your life in recovery!!

6 Likes

And how was it? Your first AA meeting I mean? Are you going back?

2 Likes

Day 346 :coffee:
Looking forward to tomorrow, then I have 4 days off in a row :tada:
Thuesday I’m going to see the “Blue Man group” in the theatre. Has anybody seen them? Are they good? Hope so! I’m a percussion player myself, so that’s why I want to see them.

23 Likes

24 Likes

Hey Buts, I saw them in Vegas, very entertaining and interactive, expect to be part of the show in some capacity. Advice to you, dont touch their heads, it seemed to be an oil based makeup that stains whatever it comes on contact with, fingers, clothing, lips…yeah dont touch…

4 Likes