Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

@Girlinterrupted

Beth
Happy Birthday and so glad you are back on day 2!!

1 Like

@Will3
Welcome to the Talking Sober community.
Take a look around and read.
Good Luck :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Day 88, 2 more days and I’ll be 3 months and it’s gonna be my day 1 of no chewing. I’ve tried a couple times to quit the tabacco and I keep failing, like faster then I did with drinking lol. Weird how same concept but a totally different feeling. I think it will help with my confidence and everything if I do quit the chewing, which is a obvious duh yeah mike it will lol

14 Likes

You wouldn’t be the only one :blush:

Like I said it’s not even always talking sobriety. Just having a network of people here, in the same position as you, can really help.

1 Like

Hi all, quick check-in 18
getting some work done on my vehicle so running about for parts. Will catch up on posts later, but do hope everyone ok…

12 Likes

Haha I think all of us can relate to that FOMO. Honestly though it does get easier. When you realise that an early night and a hangover free morning are just soo much better!

What’s your plan for this evening? Head over to the Friday thread >>

2 Likes

Thank you very much I look forward to getting to know some people here and having the odd chat here and there.

3 Likes

Just leave the “probably” out of that. Congrats on 49 days. Keep going. It’s an ultra run not a sprint.

1 Like

Thank you, yes I will be having a good look around and have a chat here and there.

1 Like

Quitting chewing is tough. Nicotine is extremely addictive and by chewing you ingest a huge amount of it. Quitting cold turkey is possible but it can make you quite sick with withdrawals initially. There was a guy on my old quit smoking forum who described quitting dipping very well and had some great tips on how to get through the initial phase. Unfortunately that site is gone sorry :cry:
edit: this looks like a useful resource: https://www.killthecan.org/
edit 2. this also seems good to read: https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/quit-tobacco/docs/Smokeless_Tobacco_A_Guide_for_Quitting_Workbook_508.pdf

1 Like

Hope you’re all having a Groooooovvvvyyyy day. Be strong.

20 Likes

And this is what I’ve missed, I’m not sure why your sober days always make me happy and smile but they do and who am I to argue. Still as proud of you as ever. :v::heart::pray:

1 Like

it’s a massive step, it’s shows yourself that your prepared to take that leap of faith into the world of sobriety. Wish you well on your journey.

You are doing great man, and you’re right it won’t solve anything. I seriously hope I don’t relapse I know ive come close but man I gotta see what’s on the other side, I’ll never find out if I stay in my old ways. Good job on pulling through bro

2 Likes

Aww, thank you sir. I’m also mighty proud of you, keep on hanging in there odaat.
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

today is a pretty good day
its cloudy but warm here in central ma

not much going on but thats a good thing. ill take it anyday

Sober day 2

10 Likes

1 Like

your doing great mate, your on day 50 and nows not the time to crumble. You know there’s nothing there for you. Keep going bud.

1 Like

Thank you sir

1 Like

Day 283. Workout this afternoon calls for deadlifts, which is my favorite. Weather tomorrow has a high of 79, so the cars are getting pampered, and a long bike ride is on order. Stoked.

Have a strong day!!!

16 Likes