Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

Continuing the thread

11 Likes

36 Likes

I’m doing really great today. I had a meeting today.

9 Likes

Day 357. Had a really good session with my therapist today. Walked home feeling enlightened and strengthened. Been feeling quite anxious this week but I’ll listen to an audiobook and go to bed early. Always a victory going to sleep still clean.

33 Likes

@GVLNative Triple digits Kyle! Yay you!!! Huge congrats my cycling friend. @Hopeful777 Right on! Very happy for you lady.

4 Likes

Day 1 again for me.
Had been doing OK. Stress and not playing the tape forward got to me last night.
1 bad night. Physically OK. Brain and ego in the loo.
3am here. Havent had that 3am worries in forever.
Husband is mad at me.
I’m mad at myself.
Starting over.
I’ll check in more when I wake up tomorrow.

34 Likes

Day 1 for me also.
Everything was good.
Got relapsed.
Feeling bad.

20 Likes

it does change for the better guys, I promise you. Once more into battle my friend.

8 Likes

Day 25. Yesterday was really hard for me but I made it through. I looked in the mirror and asked myself what would happen, how I would feel if I caved and bought some vodka. Answer: I would feel sick the next day, I would blow it, and I’m so close to a month. And I imagined myself buzzed, drunk, sitting there watching TV with a drink in my hand. Would it really make me feel better than I do sober doing the same activity? I played it all out in my head, the drinks, then the subsequent binge eating on crappy food, the inability to sleep, waking up with a hangover.
Today is a new day and I don’t feel as weak as I did yesterday. I know there will be more days like that. I’m really feeling the “one day at time” thing.

36 Likes

How are you ??
You sober ?

1 Like

What happened to your vodka ??
Is it still with you?

I never went and got it :grinning:
I wanted it so bad. I went over it over and over in my mind. But I didn’t go and get it

9 Likes

What drink you were having in your hand ?

I was imagining it there.

1 Like

I was picturing it in my hand, in my mind. Imagining the whole scenario.

It’s nice.
Don’t drink again.
I can tell you it’s bad when we are using again.

Stick to
Food, water, oxygen.

3 Likes

I read your other posts. I agree with everyone else, dont beat yourself up. Just start your sobriety again. I’m cheering you on.

3 Likes

Please watch this movie

Don’t worry he won’t get far on foot.

It’s about alcohol addiction with a great message.

3 Likes

I’m feeling very bad but this app is very useful.

Hope is there.

Relapsing feels very bad for us.

Again on day 1.

8 Likes

I’m checking In On day 16 and so far so good. I still wish i could have at least one glass of wine tonight with dinner but I’m afraid it wont be just one glass. Plus i hate that constant battle in my brain that seems to go on between the good guy and the bad guy. I wish it wasn’t so hard to stop drinking. It just seems to be everywhere you look. I will try to read and post more and stay strong today. Not look forward too far. One day at a time.

19 Likes