Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

I hope so! Seems I remember this isn’t a new issue for you. Time to get it taken care of! So sorry you’re in pain. Reach out if you’re tempted or need to chat.

1 Like

277 Days. I was really down this morning so we went out this afternoon for dinner. It felt so good to get out. My daughter and I were having a lot of fun taking silly selfies together. Then we took a walk this evening. I needed that time with her, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. What a nice way to end a sad weekend. On another good note, my brother in law is doing better, still in ICU but doctors are very optimistic.

20 Likes

I understand 100%. I had a traumatic experience with a dentist appointment when I was younger, and this year was the first in almost a decade that I visited the dentist, and my anxiety also hindered me taking proper care of my teeth during this time. But if I’d gone a year ago, I’d have saved myself a whole bunch of the dental work I’m trying to get done now. Also, on a practical note, if there’s going to be a lot to get done, if you start earlier, then you have more of an opportunity to spread the work across two years instead of one and make better use of any insurance you may have. Once I had a treatment plan, even though none of the procedures were done yet, it was a lot off my chest.

Basically though at this point, I’ve gotten down to the dental work too late, and now I’m paying the price. Unpredictable dental pain prompting repeat emergency dental appointments. Tooth loss. The associated bills happening now whether I like it or not. Right now you still have choices about these things for the most part.

Pro tip: these days, dentists are much more aware and are interested in accommodating you however possible if you tell them about your anxiety. You can also ask someone you know if their dentist is good, relaxed, etc. Anyways, hope you find a solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to like the dentist a lot, before I had a couple of bad experiences with one particular situation and dentist. And now at this point, I don’t mind the procedures, I just don’t like talking to/dealing with the dentist themselves, and the administrative side of booking appointments and paying the bills.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s the same issue that I’ve seen the same dentist three times for now, and none of those times was it actually fixed, and each time it cost significantly more than expected, so I’m also pretty frustrated. Now my usual dentist has reopened so I’m more hopeful.

213f1b4782fea1962c48a6f5bf1727d54addda3cafd8920fbb692d57a0da95fc.0

1 Like

Day 20. Checking in.

14 Likes

It was so weird, my coworker gave me a ride home from work tonight and he pulled out some weed and took a hit and offered me some and I said no of course. I’m tripping because I didn’t catch what was going on at first because I’ve been away from getting loaded for so long that it didn’t really register what was going on at first. There was no want or fear of it just not use to it anymore. I got like 34 days till my year sober and that means a lot to me, I don’t have any reason or excuse to go backwards and I don’t want to.

18 Likes

Day 193! Today was… kind of a rough fathers day. One of my sisters and I ended up getting into a fight with my dad over some stuff, and we both ended up storming out of his house because he was pretty rude to us. It also touched on some of the problems I’ve had with my dad relating to my childhood, where he was pretty abusive. It was just a lottt in one day, and now I’m kinda sad I have to work tomorrow. I need a day off :sob:

18 Likes

Checking in on day 16. Have a great sober start into this new week :sunglasses::sunflower:

19 Likes

Checking in on day 1,410. Hope all are doing well and don’t forget to urge surf instead of being impulsive.

13 Likes

I’m so so sorry for your loss and near loss, what a tragedy. :hugs:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Beautiful, getting there! :hugs:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

30 days you guys, 30 days.
I’ve made it this far before, but always broked the streak with “Just one, I can handle this now” so it’s now the real challenge begins for me.

Feeling awesome today, and determined that I can do this. Thank you everyone for help support and advive to get me this far. :hibiscus:

25 Likes
  1. Might have messed up my friendship with my bestie. Might not. Time will tell. In the mean time looking for a second hand car on my free day. Stress galore, yet nothing to drink over. Have a good day all. Sober and clean. Love from my little square.

@MrsOdh Congrats Sophia! No reason why you can’t do 2 months, and 3, and many more. Just keep going lady.
24 Likes

Congratulations Sophia, I know you could do it, proud of you.

1 Like

Thank you dear, your little square looks fantastic. If it’s really your bestie, I’m sure you guys can work it out. I wish you all the best :hibiscus:

1 Like

Yes it’s a rocky relationship at times. I need to change some things but I find it extremely hard. And I’m extremely afraid of losing her, that’s not healthy either I know… Thanks. @MrsOdh Thanks too Sophia.

4 Likes

At the beginning I was like most people and wondered how on earth I would get past a day or two, and because of this “unknown” it made me pretty much scared of the “unknown” it took quite a few attempts to get over this initial hurdle, but I am over the moon that I found a way to dig deep enough to achieve this initial step. Feel relieved and happy inside and out that I found that belief.
“It’s amazing the strength we all have within” Have a lovely day all.

18 Likes

I’m so sorry the day went down like that. Hoping work today will turn out to be a good thing, and get your mind off things. :hugs:

1 Like