Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

Ones and zeros. :upside_down_face:

@M-be-free49 :small_blue_diamond: congrats on your 60 days! :small_blue_diamond:

16 Likes

You’re devil on your shoulder is a mf’er, Paul! It’s that fight that’s always gonna be there, except it gets weaker the more you defeat it. You know it’s not worth it. C’mon buddy; you’re one of my first, sober inspirations. I appreciate you so much and you offer so much here. Let us help you now.
Stay here and tell me about when you started playing guitar… post something!

3 Likes

@Chiron, all good stuff for you!!
11 11 Meaning

According to numerology, the number 11 is a “master number” which signifies intuition, insight, and enlightenment. When paired together, 11 11 is a clear message from the universe to become conscious and aware. Many people suggest that seeing 11 11 signifies that your spirit guides are attempting to contact you. In my experience, 11 11 seems to be the number of spiritual awakening, signifying that you are on the right path and your actions are aligned with your Soul’s purpose. In other words, seeing 11 11 is a good sign! An energetic doorway is being opened in which you will experience spiritual growth.

11 11 meaning in summary: You are on the right path and you’re being assisted by your Soul, spirit guides, and the Universe to consciously grow and expand. Pay attention, be aware, and remember to stay grounded in the present moment.

4 Likes

got my first electric guitar off my sister for my 18 birthday but when I got a chance not to be homeless I asked my mate to look after it while I moved 200 miles away to go to college, when I got back a year later he had developed a taste for heroin and sold it along with all my pink flyod originals. So I decided to become a drug dealer and buy myself a new one. :roll_eyes:

Try closing your eyes and taking in a slow, five second breath, hold it for a moment, then let it out slowly on a five second count. Try this for five times then do it another five times but this time thinking about the biggest reason why you want to be sober and try to imagine, and really try feeling the feelings of, the gratitude you will feel when you’ve reached a year mark; as if it has already happened.

This might help calm your mind and adrenal system. That might seem kind of ‘woo woo’ but it’s a technique that can really help get through the intense moment of craving and help you feel motivated to stay on track.

And maybe it won’t work for you, and that’s okay, but you know that beyond the craving, sobriety is what you want. You know your reasons and you know your goals. Hang in there. You can do this.

Also that gif tho… :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh; well I did ask, lol…
I dated a guy when I was 18 or 19 who was in a local band and we had his friends over all the time who played so that’s when I finally picked it up, if I wanted to spend time with him, lol. I took classical lessons too which I really liked alot more than I thought I would, but now it’s just playing oldies…well, my era, lol

I love numerology! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: what a lovely reminder because it didn’t even cross my mind. I was just thinking I’d be a goof ball, but you are absolutely right. I’m so glad you mentioned it or I would have skipped over the spiritual insight.

1 Like

When I see 11:11 on the clock, I think that a loved one’s spirit is thinking of me and wanted to lmk. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I learnt lots of songs and also wrote my own but I would have a month or two off and forget it all, now I just mess around with the blues scale and a few extra notes thrown in for effect. I really wish I could sing it would make me want to play every day.

2 Likes

Oh me too! When I first started I did without hesitation, now I haven’t tried in a long time.
I’m kicking around the song “Just Breathe” by Eddie Vedder; if I get the music down maybe I’ll try the lyrics too, lol… Private showing coming soon! :rofl:

3 Likes

What’s your favorite song to play?

I’ve got a funny feeling you can hold a note,don’t let all those hippy nights round the campfire go to waste :joy:

1 Like

the first 2 minutes of anything but chord wise is wish you were here by, well if you don’t know by who it’s your loss :rofl::rofl::rofl:. If I’m jamming for fun then I always end up playing iron maidens phantom of the opera.

1 Like

Get out!! Whatever you doing. Plug in some tunes and walk your fuckin ass off!! Listen to some angry shit music. Listen to something that will make you cry. Just get out and power walk it off. You work too hard at this. Walk until you find a meeting.
Praying for ya man.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Love Wish You Were Here. Gilmour is a treasure :laughing:

1 Like

I’m going to get in an online meeting in a minute and just let it out then yeah some hard arse music sounds good. :metal:

3 Likes

cheers guys that’s another 20 minutes of sobriety, AA time now. :pray::heart::pray::heart::pray::heart::metal::metal::metal::cold_face::cold_face::hot_face::cold_face::hot_face::cold_face::exploding_head:

8 Likes

Good job.
NWA type Gangsta is my go to these days. Eminem working especially well. His new “Music To Be Murdered By. “

1 Like

Day 208… Here comes the restless, irritable, and discontent screaming fucking loser Mike.

11 Likes

What’s going on buddy??