Checking in daily to maintain focus #18

Is incest really something that happens more often there than elsewhere or is that just some BS

1 Like

That is not sick. That is just… NOT gonna happen! :crazy_face: :wink: :sunglasses:

More seriously, both time I had my longest sobriety stretches, about half a year, I drank because of an occasion in Christmas time. For one, damn, occasion. But guess what, I woke up each time 2 months later, drinking out of control and blacking out often. Half a year of taking care of myself, planning and heading to a better self, I chose to stop that for one day, like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it led me to 2 months bender, and almost a year to be able to start back my journey into sobriety.

NOT WORTH IT !
:sweat_smile: :v:

5 Likes

Day 102 clean and sober today. I found a place to live and I move in in a week. Also my old boss wants me to come work for him again and is investing in a work truck for me that I can pay him back for. I didn’t ask him to do that so I’m really grateful. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!:sunglasses::metal:t2:

17 Likes

Story of my life!!!

1 Like

Congratulations on hitting triple D’S :clap: :clap: :clap: . You’re in it too win it

2 Likes

I just laughed so hard at this, and I needed that after that workout😂 so thank you!! Well my answer is this… I have lived here for about 3 and a half years, and I’ve lived in 3 other states. This is the ONLY state I have not only heard about it but that it was actually something that has taken place. Not for me to judge, but also a not something I like either… To each his own…

2 Likes

Lots of chemical changes! It’s normal to feel the way you do. Stick to the basics as much as you can. Eat good food, drink lots of water and rest as much as you can while your body adjusts. You won’t feel this way forever. Promise. :hugs:

4 Likes

Day 377 check in. I’ve been slacking on my AA meetings so I’m going to check in here more. I used to do a meeting online almost every night. But less people seem to be on online lately so I started going back once a week in person. That’s all I feel comfortable with because people don’t wear masks inside the room. It’s very frustrating to me. I think people are so selfish. We have quite a few cases here in Texas. Anyway, for today I’m sober. That’s all that really matters.

15 Likes

Congrats on hitting :100: days!!! Woot! Woot!

1 Like

2 Likes

Do you have/have you explored any other hobbies? I know you’ve mentioned walks and you clearly like to cook…I think if you suspect there is a problem then there probably is. Scheduling time online has always worked well for me in the past, usually a morning and an evening session. This became especially important when it was disrupting my sleep. I hope you try something to help with boundaries, sounds like it could be important. It also is a pretty safe place for you to spend time, though, so keep that in mind, too.

That’s simply wonderful! You may think you don’t contribute much here, but it is of the highest quality and so appreciated! Well done and look forward to many more days to come!

Thank you so much Rosa! That means a lot. I hope you have an awesome sober day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great job @Nordique!!!

1 Like

That’s a big number. Well done! Glad to have you here.

1 Like

8c6bd33d8d73c895633e1713907927dd5a5a11428714263c182ef8275afcd964.0
Great job!

1 Like

I love what you did here. I’m stealing! :wink: I have done a ton of journaling but I have not set these kinds of intentions for myself. I think it’s time.

Day 15: Half a month! Feel like I’m rockin’ it! My suspicions were spot on about the value that exercise is bringing to my sobriety this time around. It is literally going to save me come winter time, that’s obvious. Cold hands and sore muscles = warm, sober heart :purple_heart: Ha!

10 Likes

Keep up the good work mate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Thread continues at Checking in daily to maintain focus #19.