Checking in daily to maintain focus #19

I feel what you’re going through bro and what I did is throw myself into making me the best me I can be mentally, physically and spiritually. I struggled every day emotionally and mentally but I kept doing what I had to do for me regardless. You will get through this and I can’t emphasize enough how much working out was so helpful to my mental health. Have a good day @Jonachav123!!!

1 Like

Day 122 clean and sober today. I have classes today and am hoping to find a part time job today as well. Have a great day everyone, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

15 Likes

Good morning TS folks :grinning: doing great at the beginning of my 15th day of sobriety!!! Busy weekend and busy week planned, not so busy I get overwhelmed but enough to forget about cravings. Have a wonderful Monday everyone. :grin:

10 Likes

It’ll be day 45 for me. Struggling today addiction wise. I understand that urges go away, but they seem to come back too. More today than in a while. Annoying.

But I will fight. Distract myself here, and thank God for TS and the support that I get from here. You guys rock!! :yellow_heart:

18 Likes

Thank you, Danni… what a lovely and thoughtful response. Brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate it, and I appreciate you :hugs:

1 Like

Checking in sober and cigarette free :heavy_check_mark: Got up early and finished painting the entryway, which I’m happy about. Now I just need to motivate for my workout… not feeling it lately but it makes me feel soooo much better so I need to force myself :confounded::weight_lifting_woman: Trying to take things/life one step and moment at a time so I don’t get too overwhelmed and snap… Wishing everyone well :yellow_heart::dizzy:

13 Likes

One week clean and feeling SO good. It’s awesome to start the week not hungover. Although I did injure my back working out so I have to be mindful moving forward until I heal as that was my outlet💪

7 Likes

You don’t NEED a drink. You WANT a drink. Play it through to what happens after you drink. How will you feel? How much better will you feel after you don’t drink and know you won?

Shift focus to something else and the craving will eventually go away.

You can do it!

4 Likes

Thank you man! Taking things day by day. Even though I left I’m still heartbroken about the relationship ending. I tried everything I could to keep it going but in the end it was just a one way street.
Now I ask myself ‘was there anything more I could have done to save the relationship?
No.
I realised after the breakup that I was the only one fighting for it. Saying the things that matter to eachother. While she didn’t.
There are a lot of reasons why it didn’t work out.
I don’t know how to feel you know. I’m better of this way but right now i feel horrible. Been feeling that way ever since. Only a few good moments and days.

1 Like

Happy Monday! I made it another weekend sober woot! Finally got my rona test back and its negative. Sooo many things on my to do list as always Ahhhhh. Have an awesome day my friends!

10 Likes

Ah Monday. Looking forward to another fun and exciting week with batshit. I’m of course bringing Ava to work with me as I do every Monday and Tuesday. She does her remote learning and when she’s done, she works for me. She’s a great help in the office and she’s getting very valuable experience at such a young age. Have a great day folks!

19 Likes

I’ll sum it all up in one cliché “Progress not Perfection”

every night I have an online journal where I have to evaluate the day and one question is, What could you have done better?. It doesn’t matter what kind of day I have had I always answer it the same ‘There’s always something’. Give yourself a break for God’s sake and stop over thinking everything. This is all advice I would see you giving others so maybe it’s time to practice what you preach.
Not drinking is just the first step in getting sober, now comes the hard part and you will need GOD… Good, Orderly Direction. If you’re always miserable you might be turning into a dry drunk, it’s never too late to get a sponsor and get into a program on how to live life.
Be well brother :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

This thread continues at: Checking in daily to maintain focus #20