Checking in daily to maintain focus #29

5hgYDDh5oqbmE4OKJ3

Congats on your 4 months of recovery Maggie.
:heart::heart:

1 Like

You have been given a huge resource here April I am so happy for you. Congrats on everything finally falling into place for you. It just shows it you keep at it, if you never stop knocking at those doors eventually the right one will open. Hope you had a super first day.
:heart:

6 Likes

So happy for ya Maggie. Way to go on your 4 months!!

5 Likes

I can really understand this Thomas. I have a hard time seeing my day counter for self injury, I find if I donā€™t have it there in my face every morning the urges sometimes donā€™t appear for me. If it is there on my day counter I have urges all day, everyday and have been eventually slipping. After my last slip I just didnā€™t add a counter, I have no idea what day I slipped and frankly it doesnā€™t matter. What matters to me is that I am healing inside around why I act out this way.
I wonder if counting days may also be a trigger for you? Have you ever tried not counting?

4 Likes

Today Iā€™m at 4months. Been here before just praying it my last time getting 4 months. Thanks everyone for all your help and support truly appreciate it.

20 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 months Juan. :clap::clap::clap: Itā€™s great to see you around here. Have you had a chance to check out the gratitude thread yet? Itā€™s my strongest tool. Daily Gratitude List #2
Keep up the great work.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Checking in on day 311! Busy day at work as usual todayā€¦and making sure I have everything ready for court in Julyā€¦hanging in one day at a time though. No drinking thoughts or anything like that. Super glad to have this community over the past almost year!

18 Likes

3 days. First time saying I am an alcoholic. 20+years. Just tired and bored with it. Not much for talking to people face to face so I like this format. Thanks.

24 Likes

Hello :raising_hand_man:

I havenā€™t had a chance to read through the Recovery Dharma thread yet. Iā€™m expecting a whole lot of positive energy over there :grin:

2 Likes

Woooohooooo!!!
Waking up sober everyday for 4 months is a blessing!!! Great job putting in all that hard work, you have earn that gift.
Happy to be able to celebrate this milestone with you.
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Congrats. I am glad youā€™re here.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How well you summed up my feelings today. When I finished @ the gym today I thought about stopping @ the store to get wine but my very next thought was that what was the point because tomorrow I would still be living this current reality just with a hangover, nope donā€™t want that.

Funny thing is that when you actually face reality and deal with it, thatā€™s when you have the power to change it. No more running away :expressionless:

7 Likes

Checking out on day 912

I wish everyone a good and sober evening

24 Likes

@Luckyredz congrats on 70 days :tada:
@apes2020 congrats on starting a program :raised_hands:t2:
@Complicatedmama well done for reaching out, prayers for your Mum :pray:t2:
@MagicMama @Singtone congrats on 4 months both :tada:
@Rainyplayer78 congrats on 3+ weeks :tada:
@Tomek enjoy your time off :blush:
@KLP welcome and congrats on day 1 :tada:
@Thirdmonkey happy 9 months :confetti_ball::revolving_hearts:
@Mbwoman congrats on 60 days :tada:

8 Likes

@Bomdhil congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@mleclaire cool number :star_struck::tada:
@Licorice congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@connor689908 happy birthday for tomorrow :balloon::birthday::gift::partying_face: feel better soon :pray:t2:
@BluNjaTrtl31 congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Boygenius welcome and congrats on 3 days :tada:
@anon74766472 congrats on 2.5 years :tada::star2:(oops just seen the extra month in there too, even better!)

267 days no alcohol.
235 days no cocaine.

I binged again :man_facepalming:t2: Looking forward to being able to discuss all of this eating disorder stuff with a clinical psychologist on Thursday. Less than 45hrs until the appointment :pray:t2:

Dropped my car of at the garage for the repairs this morning, unfortunately they canā€™t get the new wing until Friday, so Iā€™m not getting it back until next Wednesday 12th. I donā€™t need it for anything until an appointment on 14th though so itā€™s all okay really.

I have found another job I might apply for tomorrow. Itā€™s the same grade I was when I worked for the government for 11 years, but for a different department. Navigating their new application process is a bit of a minefield and the job doesnā€™t start until September, but Iā€™ll try my best with it tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

22 Likes

@Its_me_Stella yeah I struggle with this too. Iā€™m torn between liking to see it counting away and adding up but also sometimes feeling like Iā€™m counting down to a relapse, crazy

2 Likes

Day 446~ Checking in. Itā€™s been a while. Life has been hectic and busy as usual. Iā€™m still sober and fighting the fight. The crazy neighbor next to our shop is still up to his lunatic antics. The man needs to take a hike. He chasing people around the neighborhood and yells at them for parking, even on the public street. Heā€™s out of his mind and Iā€™ve had just about enough of his ass quite honestly. Business is really picking up so Iā€™ve been hiring more workers and trying to get everyone trained and ready for summer. My 9-5 has been super busy as well. Some days I donā€™t know how I do it. Itā€™s a lot. I have a lot of people counting on me. I do my best but sometimes its so overwhelming.

Family life has been a bit rocky. My son and husband are not getting along. Thatā€™s adding a great deal of stress. Iā€™ve been the mediator for so long between the two of them. Iā€™m learning I cannot fix them. They need to work it out. I canā€™t be held responsible for everything that goes wrong in this family. I cannot put that kind of weight on my shoulders any longer. My son will be 19 this month. The two of them are just going to have to work through it. Iā€™ll be here to love and support but thatā€™s all I can do and give.

You know through all the stress, drama, and craziness of my life right now; itā€™s still :100: times better than when I was drinking. Being sober is my super power. It truly is. It gives me strength and hope even on the darkest and hardest of days. At the end of the day, I thank God for all my blessings and find gratitude and peace knowing Iā€™m living my best life I can. ODAAT.

:v:t3::heart::blush:

29 Likes

Thanks @CATMANCAM just cracked the 24 hrs mark :grin::partying_face:
Love the statistics feature in this app. Looking at the savings Iā€™m making from my lifestyle changes is a real eye opener and very motivating. Onwards and upwards into day 2 :muscle:

4 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat really appreciate the support and solid advice. 1 day at a time is much less overwhelming

3 Likes

I like that @Nordique, simple but so true

4 Likes