Checking in daily to maintain focus #29

You do you girl! Love how far you’ve come and love to see how much more you’re going to achieve :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Mno that means a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021

Yes Conor! 100% Nothing holding me back anymore. Sobriety is truly AMAZING!!! :heart::heart:

5 Likes

Okay! I’m going to comment on how really confident I feel in my sobriety today! It’s a gorgeous day and my neighbor is mowing and I don’t care. I’m about to take a walk because I promised I would go a half hour ago and now I’m feeling responsible for dealing with this shitshow.

11 Likes

I will remind everyone about Guideline 13: Refrain from posting about politics.

It’s something bothering a member, okay. We do not need to debate it. Please let it go and move on.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Wanted to give you all an update… the injury to my prostate was more like abnormal swelling from where they cut it the other day when removing the stint they removed the other day. All of the swelling went down and back to normal now so… drum roll please… They removed the catheter today with no complications and I’m 100% absolutely done and free from all things in my body!!! Almost 5 months worth of daily, sometimes excruciating pain of tubes and drain lines, internal stints and the catheter they had to put in Monday is officially OVER YAY!!! I am sooooo happy it’s beyond words!!! I’m free my friends, I am so grateful and happy I almost feel like crying. It’s been sooooo hard to deal with the daily pain and the emotional and psychological effects I’ve had to walk through and I’m finally done. Thank you so much for all of the love and support you have given me I truly love you all a lot. Thank you for being such amazing friends, better friends than I’ve had in real life at times and I cherish that I have you all in my life!!! Love you all have a great rest of your day/night!!! F**K YEAH!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

30 Likes

Checking in on day one again. I feel sad, lonely, confused - but I’m glad I get to chat to all of you, that’s the only thing making me feel better today :heart: so thank you all for being here, I really apprechiate it. … and sorry for spamming you with so many posts today :sweat_smile: I’m now off to do some journaling.
Man I have to check in again regularely to keep up with all of your sobriety journies :flushed:
@Rockstar24777 glad you are feeling better!

15 Likes

Thank you @Penguin I’m glad you’re here! Please check in as many times as you feel the need to we’re all here for you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

That’s AWESOME SARAH!!! Congratulations on your beautiful dream!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Joined this site for the first time today, after a realisation that perhaps I need to take more active steps to avoid recurring patterns of binge drinking behaviour. So, day 1 I suppose. Loved reading people’s messages of support to each other. I rang AA and have a zoom meeting tonight. I will just listen and observe. But it feels like a step. Wish me luck. Keep well everyone!

15 Likes

Congratulations @Lionfish that’s AMAZING!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

Welcome @Beforemy30s, this forum is full of good people who genuinely really care, I’m glad you’re here!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! Baby steps and watch it happen… :kissing_heart:
I know of a few ladies down here that started from scratch and have a thriving business.
Don’t take the doubters to heart!

2 Likes

Very sorry to read this but happy you see growth in yourself my friend. Please come back when you feel like it. Will miss you a lot. Big hugs. Much love.

4 Likes

Sorry to read that Stella but you are right and it is good to take responsible actions for you. :pray::innocent:

3 Likes

Ohh, lady I’ll miss you but I get it; it did help to step away for a bit.
Take good care, sweetie… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

@Lionfish
Three years.
Wow.
You probably don’t realise the impact you have made on so many, myself included.
tenor (14)
200 (9)

7 Likes

Struggling some today. Got some real stinking thinking going on. Pissed off at the world for being able to drink when I can’t.

7 Likes