Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

Thanks Seb you’ve done awesome pushing through your lows too. I’ve just jumped on the treadmill for 30 min to run the grrrrr out of me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

4 Likes

Morning all! Checking in to say no to alcohol today. Have a great day everyone x

16 Likes

Well done :clap: congrats and congratulations on 16 months :tada::ok_hand:

1 Like

Your doing brilliant Becsta :+1:

1 Like

Actually, cigarettes will kill you physically as well as financially. You are doing great not caving to the “crave”, craves will not kill you. Know in your head that the crave will go away on it’s own without you smoking. Alternative and new behaviors are helpful, something to do with your hands, a different place to sit rather than that place you always sat and smoked, etc. Chewing gum. Some people smoke straws, even putting the cotton in the end. Cut a straw in thirds. Save your money in a jar, or otherwise, where you can see it and earmark it for something very special for you! You are doing great! @Becsta
I see further up you do have a money saved counter going on your app!

9 Likes

Does that mean what I think it means !? You put the vape down? :thinking::tada::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I swear this is harder than sobriety but equally as worth it. You can do this too Mister :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Thanks for the support Alisa, I appreciate it. And seeing that ‘money saved’ is a massive reality check and motivator. I know it will eventually catch up with me physically, the spiral downwards just isn’t as fast as it is with drinking so it can be easier to justify to give in when the cravings hit hard. But despite my complaining tantrum throwing :laughing: I’m determined to do this :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Wrote out a big brain dump of a to do list yesterday. The intention was to use it as a way of just getting stuff out of my head, so I don’t have to think about it and worry about what I might have forgotten etc. Just having things written down like that gives me a bit of anxiety/ overwhelm. Trying to not get swept away with that… A lot of the things on the list are things I am already really behind on. So what’s another day/ week/ month etc. Even the idea of writing a simple cover letter for a 12 hour a week job feels like a lot. This response reinforces my decision to not go for a bigger job right now!

My bf has an interview today for an awesome job. If he gets it I will be a little jealous, seeing as I am so far away from all that. But I am also really happy for him being put forward for it, he definitely deserves a break.

25 Likes

So late to the partee @CATMANCAM, congrats on 9 months free of coke.
Yay… to a year sober @Rockstar24777, you’re rocking this sobriety man! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Sorry about your grandfather and the relapse @icebear but I’m glad to see you back on the wagon.
Shay, your growth is a testamony of what sobriety can do for us. All the best in the new independence, onwards and upwards @Desire2ChangeToday.
Awesome numbers @AyBee
:ok_hand:t5: :sunglasses:
Congrats @C_8 (600 days), @Mbwoman (triple digits) and @Dragonflygirl82 on 16 months sober. You’re killin it ladies! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety y’all!

28 Likes

Yep :+1: no cigarettes :smoking: or vape no nicotine at all

11 Likes

:laughing:

13 Likes

df81d4d19f077e7f6d2c447cade76c0ed838ebef6e52cb261bfd828590b02da3.0 nice work!! :tada::tada::tada::tada: yay :pray:

3 Likes

I can only speak from my own experience quitting, but ditching the vape was a game changer for me. I struggled to quit for ages, use a vape for a month, back to smoking, repeat. I ditched the vape and nearly at a year now. Hope it works for you :+1:

7 Likes
  1. Coffee. Slept some more on the couch after sanding walls outside my bedroom started at 8. Feeling good now. Very warm weather expected in the next couple of days, I’ll try to keep my cool. I won’t fall for the idea that alcohol helps in the heat. I know for a fact the opposite is true. It dehydrates your body, while f*cking up your whole system. Never again. Just lots of (ginger) lemonade and (mint and lemon verbena) tea instead. Have as good a week as you all can. Love from a friend’s flower garden where I hung out for a bit yesterday.

Some very uplifting milestones and messages here btw!
    @C_8 600 Cate! Yay you!
    @CATMANCAM Late congrats on 9 months clean friend!
    @Mbwoman Triple digits yeah!
    @Dragonflygirl82 16 months Courtney! You’ve grown so much lady. Huge congrats.
    @Beforemy30s 60 days already! Congrats!
    @Desire2ChangeToday Congrats on taking your life truly into your own hands Shay. Tough decisions are part of that. Good on you.
    @JuliaLuna Two weeks Julia! Excellent work!
    @Conor689908 & @Becsta Yes on the no smoking! Keep going friends.
    @apes2020 So beautiful April. Thanks for sharing.
34 Likes

Day 4 @littlemisschatterbox thank you again for your constant support and encouragement. May the Lord gives you the one hundred fold!!!

11 Likes
  1. Back to work from camping. Needed those days of nothing but peaceful nature.

If only I could get paid to camp

26 Likes

I go for my annual physical in July and I will let him know I am off the sauce. He knows I struggle with it. I have been honest with him.

4 Likes

Is there such a thing as a tent reviewer !?! Kinda like travel or food reviewers, but for tents! Get paid to camp lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tada::pray:

4 Likes

Stumbled last night and had a couple then stopped myself ( which surprised me- I usually don’t stop after 2). Determined to do this and stay sober. Guess it is Day 1 all over again but I am not changing the clock. It is day 21 with a reminder… I stumbled but I caught myself. The 2 drinks made me feel awful…not what I expected but all the more reason to stay sober

17 Likes