Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

Haha!! My husband told me to avoid it. I was like “hell no” :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

7 Likes

Bad juju :scream::scream::scream::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::wink:

4 Likes

Day 1019. Checking out sober. No intention to change that.

20 Likes

Day 386
Haven’t been on the past week. @icebear Thanks for the tag on the other thread and dragging me back here/out of my funk. Got back Monday night after being out of town in Minnesota and jumped right into my work week. It was a very busy long weekend and I completely burned myself out but still sober which feels like a miracle.

My shift handing out finish line beers at Day Across Minnesota was supposed to be 11am - 4pm but got caught up seeing old friends & cheering on the racers that I kept helping until around 8pm. The beers they had were tallboys that we were pouring off into pint glasses. I handed the extra of the can off to the racers but a lot of the other volunteers were chugging the little sips left rather frequently and some of them ended up a bit tipsy. If I wasn’t sober I probably would’ve ended up more than just tipsy and made a fool of myself in front of a large number of old friends and acquaintances. Instead I felt helpful and really enjoyed being able to refill water and support those that were turning around to continue the double distance.

A lot of other things that went on over the past week but I will keep it brief for now. Too far behind on everyone else’s posts to ever dream of getting caught up but I’ve kept yall in my thoughts and I hope you’re doing well.

27 Likes

Day 5.6 :smiley: feeling good. Went to my second aerial hoop session tonight also! Hurting now but feel super proud. No way id be doing it if hungover!

20 Likes

30 Likes

Checking in sober day 319. Been looking ahead to the one year mark. I’ll catch myself say x more days. I guess that’s normal, but I really have all my days left, not just those. Today I’ll just worry about this day.

I caught myself talking about a restaurant, and went straight to the beer tap. It brought on a strong urge. I played the tape forward and reminded myself all the ways my life is better now because I don’t drink.

24 Likes

@beachmouse
That sounds like an impressive mindset change in 11 days!

4 Likes

Woo hoo! You got it! @C_8! I’m so jealous Sis…I tried and missed the last number. :joy: I don’t know how you guys do it.

happy dance

7 Likes

@Lisa07 … Set my alarm for 5am (coz I’m crap at math) then 4 hours checking my phone :rofl::partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You’ve caught some good ones too!
BTW, hubby loved the gif :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Whoah @Charlie_C How awesome is that screenshot :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Checking in grateful to be sober and present. Will be getting ready for the overnight shift soon. Packed up a healthy vegetarian lunch to bring… wanted to exercise but twisted my ankle (while sober!) the other day and it is still sore so I have a good excuse not to. :grin: will get after it again soon. Have a lovely sober night everyone. :two_hearts:

16 Likes

23 months (oops I originally put 22). I tried so hard to stay up late last night to catch the whole number but fell asleep just long enough to miss it. Then couldn’t get back to sleep because of that lil power nap.

I made it a point to keep my personal life separate from professional when I started at my current employer (shortly after getting sober). A coworker is talking about me and saying things that aren’t true about my family. Now I’m concerned others are going to believe her and lose respect for me. I’ve learned in sobriety, what others think about me is none of my business but I can’t accept that in this situation. I really liked going to work up until this shit started. I know it’s only happening because of jealousy. I’ll never understand why someone has to tear another down to try and make themselves look better. Eventually, people will see through this horrible person. In the meantime. I’ll suffer in silence while I continue to work hard at being a star employee.

33 Likes

Way to go
Cate!!

It would have driven you bonkers to miss that one wouldn’t it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congratulations on your 666 days of freedom.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 700 days :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom: 22 months Lisa.
Oh so close :grimacing:
:pray:t2::heart::rofl:

9 Likes

Congratulations Charlie’s she’s a dolly :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Amazing :star_struck: congratulations Lisa!! :clap:t3: :muscle:t3::yellow_heart: you are an inspiration to many. So happy to have you in my life. Sista sista :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Absolutely!!! I missed all the 5’s, turned my back for a second and got 555.56. Was not going to let this one get past me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face::+1:

6 Likes

I remember that. I believe you took it on the chin and posted it anyway. :muscle: didn’t you?

4 Likes

Fixed it for you Sis :+1::point_down: Huge congratulations :+1::partying_face::kissing_heart:

Sorry about the shitty work person. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::hugs:

21 Likes