Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Nice!!!
Congrats on your 1st week!!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Early morning check. Sober and hang-over free., I love it!
I just finished my 30 day push-up challenge, the last 3 days where difficult, but I managed to complete the challenge. I love challenges, they keep me going and they focus my mind on something positive instead of drinking. Looking for a new challenge not sure what to do yet. Any tips are welcome.
Today I will stay sober, whatever happens a drink will not solve this problem, it will make it worse.
Have a nice sober day my friends!
:pray: :blue_heart:

@Becsta So true! Thank you for reminding me this. :pray:
@Rockstar24777 I mist out on your epic milestone. Congratulations! you are such an example of how it can be done. :partying_face: :muscle: :pray:

22 Likes

Your are doing a great job! 3 days is awesome! You are in early recovery like me, so every day not drinking is a great victory.
Going for a long walk always helps me to distract myself. Itā€™s great craving therapy!
Wish you all the best! :muscle: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations! Wonderful achievement!

1 Like

A month! Well done!

Theres some threads here with a meditation challenge and February burpee challenge

Pushup challenge is great, I did that last year and for the first time in my life achieved pushups off my knees :flushed: never thought that would happen lol

3 Likes

Thank you very much @ShadowFax! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Day 147 checking in

13 Likes

145 days

@Laraellelarissa congratulations on 1 whole year of sobriety amazing :slightly_smiling_face:
@Gbw3006 well done on 30 days, I found this milestone so rewarding as those first few weeks are tough
@anon42928441 wow great work on getting through the week :clap:
@Charlie_C great number catch

Have a strong 24 hrs all :green_heart:

15 Likes

#Day 1245 :seedling:
What a night! :flushed:
This night was an example of how much better life is for me and all around me without drinking.
I had to call the emergency line in the middle of the night!! I woke up around 1 oā€™clock because my soon to be husband was groaning out of pain. He hardly could talk and had difficulty breathing. He had pain a little below the chest and in the shoulder. The alarm in my head went off full size!
I phoned and the ambulance came. They made a heartfilm and did some tests. They think it is a inflamed intercostal muscle.
Never heard of it and never knew it is this painful.
They said itā€™s often misunderstood with a heartattack. Glad I did what I had to do.
But what about when I was still drinking?
That would be a total disaster. Probably I would be knock out ore too dizzy to do anything :pensive:
Conclusion: life is so much better sober even when in bytes you in de *** for a bit :blush:

Picture from yesterday walk.

32 Likes
  1. Coffee. A couple of late shifts ahead. Happy I went to the gym yesterday. Iā€™ll be there again tomorrow. Today Iā€™m starting the hunt for a new mattress. I feel part of my shoulder problems stems from sleeping on one that is too firm. Knowledge is power, so Iā€™ll be doing some mattress research this morning. Sober and clean.
    Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober. Thereā€™s no other way for all of us here. Love from Amsterdam.

@SoberWalker Scary sh*t Claudia! Excellent work on handling it. Life is so much better sober, especially when it bytes you in the a**!!! :sunglasses: :kissing_heart:

34 Likes

Amsterdam is beautiful @Mno - I would love to go.

Well done on everyone making those milestones, big and small.

I struggled with the worst cravings so far yesterday, late afternoon/early evening. I was almost in tears of frustration. Couldnā€™t think about food, just wine. I made it through them though so feeling really proud. Spent a lot of time on here and downloaded Sim City to my phone (blast from the past!) Kept me on track. Not the most romantic valentines of my life, but some things are more important atm. It has taught me that the cravings do pass, just have to distract distract distract!!

12 Likes

Distracting is a great way to fight craves Jenny. As is Discussing your craves. Both you are doing. Youā€™re doing great! Keep going. Hugs.

PS. Come on over and Iā€™ll show you around a bit. My pleasure. And BTW, Herts doesnā€™t look bad either, boring as it may be thought of.

4 Likes

18 months :v:

25 Likes

Thank you, that is so kind. And yes, Amsterdam is now on my post covid travel list :grin:

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 611. I hope everybody has a good one!

@Sunny11 huge congrats on 18 months!! Thatā€™s amazing!!

19 Likes

@Laraellelarissa Major congrats on a year of freedom from alcohol!
@apes2020 300 is awesome. I hope you are enjoying your new pad and some birdies followed you there!
@Sunny11 18 months is amazing. Heck, every day is amazing. Well done!

7 Likes

In sobriety there is no ā€˜only day 3ā€™, well done on your achievement your doing amazing :+1:

6 Likes

Good morning friends, day 458! Busy morning. It will make the day go faster.
Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

20 Likes

Good morning!
45 days without weighing self
7 days no purging
Yesterday was hard to get through without giving up on my goals. So I had a conversation with my partner about how he can better support me. It went well and Iā€™m looking forward to things getting a little better.

22 Likes