Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Hi everyone. Im new here and don’t know if I understand how to post, lol! I’m working on day one… again… with no alcohol. I think I have an issue with Monday sobriety as in I wake up Monday saying “This is the day. This will be my week. This time, I’m doing it for good.”
I make it five days max then dive right back in.
I downloaded this app in the hope that it will help.
I’ve followed all kinds of pages on Facebook.
Thanks for being here, I don’t know what I’m doing.

20 Likes

You’re doing just fine. Read around a bunch and you’ll get the feel. This thread is a great place to check in daily or whatever interval that works for you to help stay accountable. Welcome! You’re in good company.

3 Likes

Day 1 for me. I just joined this app. I’m trying not to put pressure on myself but I want to stay sober for at least a few months, maybe longer. I successfully restricted my drinking to twice a week for several months (used to be daily) but I sort of compensated by just drinking more, so I want to just put the brakes on. I can’t focus on school (I’m in university) and work if I’m exhausted and anxious from drinking.

19 Likes

Just saw this, I needed to see it too!

13 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, Rosa!

2 Likes

Welcome Katie. Great day to be sober.
We were all knew once. It can be a bit frightening and overwhelming. Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable.
If you got any questions about posting or anything at all. Just throw it out there. Someone is always around to help. Day one or day 1001. We are all in this together.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

5 Likes

Checking in Day 15-
Great day today. Woke up with major anxiety, but I was able to process the feelings and I exercised through going on a long power walk. I spoke with a colleague about a potential job and he will be passing on my CV to the hiring VP. I actually found out that I have made it to the 2nd round of interviews for a job with a state community college. This would be a pivot in my career, but could be fun! I have the interview tomorrow afternoon. Lastly, I did hear back from the recruiter about the opportunity in Tennessee. I should be getting the thumbs up for a final interview this week. Cross your fingers as this is the job I want.

I’m trying my hardest to not attribute my sense of worth to my career. I know that one should not be totally geared towards only defining oneself to their occupation. This time of transition is very challenging. I’m being challenged to trust my HP and focus on my sobriety.

19 Likes

Hi Eric,
Its called the Ribblehead Viaduct and its in North Yorkshire near a small town called Ingleton.

2 Likes

Holy fuck Dana :open_mouth: :smiley:
I haven’t really had time to look around on the forum yet since my return. So this is a fan-fucking-tastic thing to see. I am incredibly proud of you :smiley: you’re killing it :smiley:

9 Likes

Day 651

Stray kitten went to new home. I have some feelings of control (are they looking after her properly?) but it is out of my hands and I should let go. I am still resentful at my husband’s reaction to the whole thing, and am being passive-aggressive with occasional aggressive-aggressive comments. I have been extra busy with appointments for the kids, I sometimes get tired if that being all on me. Daughter’s birthday tomorrow, she already had her party, so just a favourite meal and Starbucks tomorrow.

18 Likes

Nope. Wrong country. :rofl:
I was thinking of that Harry Potter one in Scotland. Glenfinnan Viaduct. Thanks Google. Been by that one. But y’all probably have a lot of Viaducts up there.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group Katie! You’ll meet lots of funny, helpful and supportive people here, from all over the world. You’ll always find someone here to listen. Hang around and read all you can. Charlie

5 Likes

Hey @maxwell it’s wonderful you are opening up here! Loneliness is one of my biggest triggers so Im diving all in on here. Just know you are not alone and you are the best pet mom you can be :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awe Jan!!! This totally made my night!!! Thanks my friend :slight_smile: how r u? It’s good to see u posting again!

2 Likes

Welcome @KatieO and @TheFuturist47 this app and this community has been an amazing resource in my sobriety!! Day 22 free from weed and alcohol. Keep reading, keep posting, and lean into sobriety. Ive had plenty on monday week goals which would die off by midweek, definitely wouldnt survive a weekend without a drop but here i am…survived three weekends and cravings are subsiding. Look at sobriety with a curious mind and learn as much as you can. If you arent into AA I would highly recommend the Alcohol Experiment. Its a 30day experiment with lots of facts about alcohol and addiction thinking and tools to live soberly. Ive been binge drinking for 20 years and 3 weeks seemed impossible but doing it one day at a time you will be amazed how the days stack up. Just make the decision not to pick up today and then theres no room for negotiation. I’m rambling…glad you are here! See you around!

5 Likes

Hey sober fam!

Day 22.5 free from weed and alcohol

Today was my first day at my new job, a non profit. Im so used to for profit businesses and concern about the bottom line but this organization is concerned about sustainability and helping as many people in the community who suffer from addiction, sex trafficking, homelessness, etc. I am so pumped to help this organization grow and thrive. The company atmosphere is so welcoming and im excited to learn everything i can! Great day. Going back tomorrow.

Then met my mom and dad for dinner and dished on the new gig. Love them dearly.

So fucking happy and greatful for my sobriety. I must nurture it and protect it and i did today and im most likely going to tomorrow.

Peace and love to you all!!!

14 Likes

Putting the kiddos to bed my wife is at Roller Derby. Happy to be doing this and not thinking about having a drink as soon as they are all asleep. Almost day 11 with 2.5hrs to go. I work early tomorrow too so it’ll be nice to not be dragging around because I drank too much. Thinking about what is next. When I get to 30 days sober I will work on cutting out the tobacco since that is like $8/day. Hope everyone is doing well.

12 Likes

@Controller keep stacking those days! Isnt it refreshing and shocking to not have those constant negative cravings and showing up for yourself and your family? Did you tell your daughter youre sober? Youve mentioned she asked you to stop drinking “daddy drinks”

1 Like

You know it’s funny, I live in Panama and early on in the pandemic the government instituted a complete alcohol ban (which ended up wrecking a ton of small businesses but anyway) for about 3 months so I was totally sober for most of that and I didn’t really have an issue during that. I lost a ton of weight and regained a lot of focus. So I’m trying to figure out why I was fine then but not now. Maybe because the choice was removed from me, idk.

3 Likes

Day 71. I am not happy, but at least sober.

12 Likes