Checking in daily to maintain focus #43

Nice and fresh outside after lots of rain last night. Sitting here having my coffee with the door to my balcony open, thinking what I’ll do with my free day. Thinking what to do with the next year, and the rest of my life too.

Almost to three years sober and clean, I made so much progress but still so much to do too. Connections to make (yes @KellyKelly), learn to better understand and deal with my emotions now I really feel them (yes @onthewagon31). How to deal with old relationships I might no longer want, not in the way they were anyway.

Needing to finally deal with the abuse I endured as a kid, accept what happened, learn to really cope with how it shaped my life, maybe change the final outcome a bit if I can. Work ahead. While it’s also important for me to remind myself of all the progress I made in the last three years. My new work in addiction care feels like coming home. I feel purpose there. Belonging. A sense of belonging and achievable goals.

I made great progress with getting to a better mental state. 18 Months of schema therapy has brought great benefits to me, in understanding myself, the world I’m living in, the people around me.

One thing is certain: I can only do the work sober and clean. Some days it’s easier than others but I am 100% sure I can and will never go back to my old days and old ways. Never again. One day at a time. And that goes for all of us or we wouldn’t be here. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober. Love from my balcony.

23 Likes

Thanks Kelly, that was very helpful!

1 Like

Hi @KellyKelly I also feel the same. I moved to where I am now 9 years ago and I have made a handful of friends in that time.

My closest friends are from when I was at school and we have scattered to the winds since then. So I spend a lot of my time texting with them rather than going out and meeting new people locally.

I am more and more realising how valuable meeting people in person is and how much more it gives me.

1 Like

Hi @Matt . You were the first person to give me advice and support when I joined this community. For which I am extremely grateful for. I’m many ways you sharing your experience and your feelings is equally as helpful and inspiring.

Healthy assertion is a good thing and you have to stand up for what you want sometimes else the resentment builds inside you. It is healthy to talk about it and you seem to be on the right path.

No matter the ups or downs, good days or bad we are all in this together and I am here to listen.

1 Like

Thank you for being in this journey and sharing it with us. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Your here and ready to start again thats what matters today. Dust yourself off. You can do this.
It takes strength to admit it and then come back from it. Dont beat yourself up and let the low feelings keep you in a dark place. Heres a hug incase you need it :hugs:

4 Likes

Understandable you’re upset. Can you analyse what happened? What went wrong? So you can draw some conclusions and learn a bit, so that you won’t make the same mistake again. Good you’re here now.

2 Likes

Day 258 checking in :pray:t2: Hope everyone is well

16 Likes

Checking in! Happy Monday! Another sober weekend!

23 Likes

Hope your ankle heals properly and your okay.
You have quite a bit going health wise and with your dog, im glad you know we are all here for you, im here when it gets tough too okay.

Congratulations on your 43 days, that feeling you get at the end of the day when still sober is great isnt it.

4 Likes

Day 189

Taken my eldest son for his pre op assessment today. COVID Swab next week and then he finally has his ACL repair. Costing just short of £9k to go private because NHS waiting list of nearly 3 years is ridiculous considering he’s in a professional football academy and the fact that they missed the tear and it wasn’t picked up until 6 Months after he got injured making it even worse than it was!

But, it’s an investment in the long run, regardless of if he makes it or not. Football is his life and missing it for years and years would just ruin him mentally.

So, the new car fund has been put to better use.

Heading to the gym, got to keep the shred going!

Hope everyone has a good day!

15 Likes

Hope everything goes well for your sons health today.

Congratulations on your 189 days🙂

3 Likes

Thank you! His assessment went well so as long as he doesn’t get ill in the next week he’ll be having the surgery.

Hope you’re doing ok. By my reckoning you’re at 250 days now! Awesome work. You are my rock! I’m So proud of you!

4 Likes

Almost … 249 today thank you.
You also have been a mega part of my support thanks for that too.

I hope all goes well for your son surgery.

9 Likes

WOW just wow!!! Beautiful

1 Like

Hey all, checking in on day 722. I hope everybody has a good one!

16 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter’s birthday and win and also to your mark!

1 Like

Checking in
Day 249

Feeling quite tearful all of a sudden, I’m okay.
Just feeling a bit of an emotional burst.
But I’m sober and I’d rather feel tearful knowing I am slowly facing the broken pieces of myself and healing them, then drinking and ruining my body, mind and soul.

I know this feeling will pass and wont last forever
Hopefully not for long at all.

I wish everyone who is feeling a bit low today strength to get through it, know your not alone and you can do this.

:hugs::hugs:

23 Likes

I am sorry you are feeling emotional. I hope you find some peace in your day. I am struggling with back to work blues on a wet Monday. I am forcing myself out for a walk. Could you try that? Or the opposite, and complete indulgence and self-care? Hope you feel better soon

2 Likes

Awesome poem! :grin:

1 Like