Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Wow that’s some deep inner work that you are about to embark on. Imagine how freeing u will feel when u have worked thru those things in ur past. Thinking of u as u go thru all this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big Congrats @Butterflymoonwoman i see you putting in the work on your recovery journey! Im so proud of you. Its a pleasure to read your shares and see your personal growth. You are a rockstar and spread your experience, strength and hope to others here on the forum. Yay you!

4 Likes

Day 793 clean and sober. Up early and at work. Today is my Friday and I’m going to see Rob Zombie tonight after work. Have an amazing day I love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

26 Likes

5 months 4 days about to go from an impatient treatment to sober living house feeling confident got everything set up ready to live instead of exist moving to a new town where I know no one starting completely over I’m looking forward to having all new.clean experiences and not be reminded by those places hope everyone is doing good I feel like the sky is limit!!!

21 Likes

Day 260

This is my first post for 6 days and it’s written with a very heavy heart and tear in my eye.

My partners mum passed away 5 days ago, she’d been poorly but it was unexpected having only been medically fit for discharge from hospital 6 days earlier.

She collapsed in front of my partner and I tried my best to resuscitate her but couldn’t all my training and effort could not save our queen. Even though only 7% of people survive with early CPR I feel guilty for not being able to keep her with us. I hope and pray that she knows I did everything I could. Rest in peace mum. I loved you more than you’d ever know and just like I love my own mum too! X :heart::broken_heart:

I’m not struggling with my sobriety, I’m thankful I can be there for my partner and children and help them through this.

Hug your loved ones closer than ever!

Much love to you all.

23 Likes

Day 10081

Something turned. Don’t know what exactly. Perhaps it was finally opening up about being in a dark place for over a week. I’m not 100% yet but I feel so much better. I think I was riding a health related pink cloud and it burst into thunderstorms. Someone I highly respect reminded me to live in the moment. That’s all we really have and letting fear focused thoughts of the future ruins this moment we dwell in. So although it’s difficult to live with uncertainty I am going to do my best to put one foot in front of the other and focus on today.

@Butterflymoonwoman oh honey congrats on six months! You have come so far and I love watching your journey :heart:

Borrowed my daughter’s car to run to the store last night. Was only gone ten minutes. Thank god! A trip to Walmart would have been a bigger disaster. I walked into my room and my 50 gallon tank sprang a leak. The pressure had it spraying three feet across the room. I flew around grabbing buckets, pans and towels. My oldest grandson dumped the buckets as I filled more until I got the water level below the leak. Then we cleaned up the mess. Sealed the tank and had to leave it to cure overnight. Poor babies are midsize angelfish who love deep water. I worried they wouldn’t make it overnight but they are still alive. Crazy ending to my night lol.

I had to make a decision to drop out of the fitness thread. I can’t fulfill my promise to walk every day because I don’t know from day to day what my strength level is going to be. I’m okay with that. It is what it is and no sense throwing extra stress my way.

Have a blessed day everyone :heart:

22 Likes

I’m so sorry for that happening, that must have been traumatic. Take care of all of you and fight the good fight. :heart:

3 Likes

My deepest condolences on the passing of ur family member. U did everything u could and I truly feel like she knows this. Most people I feel are not even trained in CPR so the fact that u knew this and was able to provide her with this as soon as u could, is remarkable. And she was very lucky to have both of u there with her :rose:

4 Likes

I am so happy to hear that ur feeling better! This is such wonderful news! I’m also grateful that ur beautiful fish are alive after the tank leaking. Omg I couldn’t even imagine the panic u must’ve felt trying to fix this! Hope u have a fantastic day lady! Hugs!

3 Likes

Oh hun, I’m so sorry about your loss. That had to have been so hard. I’m grateful it hasn’t affected your recovery and that you are there to provide that much needed support for your loved ones.

3 Likes

Day 26
Well… days 26 shitty day S/O says she’s moving back home which is 200 miles away … looks like I won’t get to see my child very much when it’s born … life sucks

12 Likes

Thank you Dana! :kiss:

1 Like

Day 327 checking in

11 Likes

Day 5 :heavy_check_mark::muscle:
Good Evening :star_struck::wave:
It was a quiet and happy day thanks to Allah :heart:
I am really trying to do my best every day though life comes up with ups and downs :arrows_clockwise:
However I can’t be more grateful for all the blessings and happy details that happen every day :hibiscus::rose:
Happy for being sober today :cherry_blossom::sparkling_heart:
Grateful :heart_eyes:
:cherry_blossom::hibiscus:
Have a nice day :sun_with_face: or night :crescent_moon:

16 Likes

Good morning everyone,

Checking in day 62

Very happy I’ve gotten to this place.
Our trip was very nice. Did many activities with the kids SOBER. This was my first trip completely sober and I can truly say it was the best time I’ve been had on a vacation. No hangover or dreading a day full of activities while feeling shitty. So glad I am where I am in my sobriety. I don’t think much about alcohol other than when I’m around people who are drinking. I have a 15cenera coming up next Saturday and as much as I’m looking forward to it i also hope I can enjoy myself without having much anxiety with temptation.

Here are some pics from the trip

21 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you strength for the time to come.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! Enjoy it!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss. You did all you could. Sending lots of strength your way.

3 Likes

Hi everyone.
Not posted for a while!
56 days sober from alcohol today and 100 odd from quitting vaping (i have the number on here but didnt want to go back to check to have to come back to post :joy:)
Hope everyone is well :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice to see posting! Glad ur back :slight_smile: and a huge congratulations to ur sobriety time and quit vaping time! How have things been for u?

3 Likes