Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Bored so i searched sober and sobriety on youtube. Found this gem and wanted to share

5 Likes

Day 231

I have been on a little work vacation. Painted 2 rooms in 12 hours and staying as a guest in that nice house. They are very hospitable and its good.

My neck hurts! Painting ceilings is serious. I am slower than average but i did keep up a decent pace and it looks professional. It was nice to see the excited smiles of the people finally seeing the new color on the walls.

Should stretch. If i cant get out of bed now I will in the AM. But i am entirely insomnia. Maybe will watch tv or st. But need to be up by 8 or so.

Im back on all the apps. I think I saw 50 accounts of traumatic things of all types in 10 minutes. I support people speaking about their experiences on their pages, its important. But i need to limit my own consumption of internet bc i cant heal like this.

Im so tired and cant sleep :skull: goodnight or good morning to the europeans here!

11 Likes

Day 6 and thatā€™s pretty good for me so far. Been struggling to remember to check in every day. I want to pass out at the end of it. Tomorrow will hopefully go well but weā€™ll see

13 Likes

@Mno thread have said everything already. But if you want some literature, I would recommend ā€œLiving Soberā€. It is an AA booklet without the good stuff and it helped me a lot.

I would recommend it to every alcoholic, who starts it sobriety.

5 Likes

It will. And the beginning is, so sorry Iā€™m, really hard, but you determined and you going to make it. :+1:t2:

1 Like

What does the wallpaper show? :thinking:

You can paint ceilings professionally! Huge respect. :grimacing::upside_down_face: Walls are no problems for me but for the ceiling results light is always in the way afterwards :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

That sounds just like the path im on.
Its nice to read you feel positive about being sober :slightly_smiling_face:
Your doing really well it took me almost a year to get to my first meeting and i dont share much thats something im working on. But i turn up and for now thats enough its me moving forward with my recovery.

I understand with some who are struggling early on with no support that a sponsor early can also be the difference between life and death.

I think the fact your at meetings means your at the place where there are sponsors and i feel like my HP will find my sponosor and myself put together when ready but im also understanding of myself that i by myself will probably never be ready so it may not feel right when it does happen but not to give up :slightly_smiling_face:

When i fist went to AA my HP was the people in the room. As i always say the power of everyone being together can be a HP (higher power) all by itself.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if I seemed zealous. I didnā€™t want to push you into something. In my case it was really helpfull to get a sponsor in first place, because I had too many questions. I was really lucky to get my sponsor, because we use the same kind to approach AA.

If you donā€™t have to white knuckle, take your time.

2 Likes

Day #61

Good morning, and happy Sunday to everybody :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m feeling peaceful, calm & content this morning. Slept really well and had a relatively pleasant shift at work yesterday. Iā€™ve got another two evenings of lates to come before my ā€œweekendā€ which is Tuesday & Wednesday, but just like my sobriety, Iā€™ll be taking it one shift, or one day, at a time.

I usually work Wednesdays, which has meant that I havenā€™t been able to get to my local meetings for about a month now. However, I have the next two Wednesdayā€™s off, so Iā€™m looking forward to getting back and seeing some familiar faces. I donā€™t know about anybody else, but since I began my sobriety journey, attending meetings allows me a safe place in order to express myself verbally without repercussions, at least when it comes to discussing addiction.

Other than that, have a fantastic day everybody. God bless, and ODAAT.

10 Likes

Good morning and happy sunday to you too :slightly_smiling_face:
It has just started pouring with rain where i am in London UK.
I was going to head to a meeting thisbmorning but the rain ā€¦ well im just having a relaxing morning and deciding if a swim would be good.
Im glad you will be able to get to a meeting and you have a safe place with people you know to speak freely thats so important.
Have a good sunday :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Modern art :black_heart:

7 Likes

Coffee. Going to take it easy today. Not quite sure how yet but I will. And I started well by sleeping in. Sober and clean is one thing Iā€™ll be for sure. Because there is no alternative to that. As it is for all of us here. Itā€™s why weā€™re here. One day at a time.

Never going back to drinking or drugging as it would be the end of me and all I achieved since quitting. Not going to try ā€œcontrolled drinkingā€ as I already lost control and I am convinced Iā€™m not going to find it back anywhere anytime. And no idea what Iā€™d gain by trying to either. My life is so much better without drugs and booze in it.

Have as good a Sunday as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober for starters. Love form Amsterdam where we had a nice autumn day yesterday.

15 Likes

#Day 1495 :seedling:
Wow, just out of bed! :see_no_evil:
Slipt untill 9.30 and I think thatā€™s the first time in many years! I must have been tired.
Next week I have to work much because there is nobody else to do it. I work 42 houres next week.
So today Iā€™m going to fill my day the same way as @Mno , calm and lazy :blush:
So planned to finish my Stephen King book and taking a long bath with magnesium flakes to relax the muscles.

Picture from ā€œmy every day treeā€. Itā€™s a tree near by and when I pass it I make a picture from it. I do so for at least a year. So you see all the seasons come by trough these pictures. My son made me a ā€œgifā€ from it unfortunally the app wonā€™t let me share it.

But this screenshot gives an idea, I have almost 100 photoā€™s like this :blush:
Have a good sunday all of you :raising_hand_woman:

15 Likes

Good morning everyone. Been up since 6 ive been in the garden pottering and found it so relaxing. Ive been to see my dad who was also pottering in the garden.
Just about to get cleaned up and ready for a christening today at 12.
I was apprehensive last night when I found out we were going but im good with it now thanks to you lovely people.
I hope you all have a good day. I may be checking in a lot today so please just excuse me if i get on your nerves. :raising_hand_man::purple_heart::+1:

10 Likes

Day 93 AF
Day 74 Toxfree (relationships)

Checking in with a problem.

The guy I ended up with 74 days ago,
keeps trying to call me. My smartphone is blocking his calls, but itā€™s sending a message that a call was coming in.

This morning I received a message from another messenger, we didnā€™t use togetherā€¦
So he installed it and found me there.

He is not a stalker or violentā€¦
We had a shitty friendship plus thing going on with hard on.off switches. Hot and cold showers. He is diagnosed with borderline and has several addiction problems. He is very intelligent (one of the points that got me)ā€¦
High educated, high functional.
He was very manipulative and switching from love bombing and nice times with deep talk and getting physical to an absolutely hard cold emotional shoulder! (i hope that is right explanation). Emotional abuse.
He was never really truly happy for me, if positive things were going on in my life. I had several drinking fallbacks with him while trying to get sober! :grimacing:

I am not a victim. It was my fault to get back to him so many times although he treated me so bad. I was addicted to all that drama and toxic hormones. Thatā€™s why I am tracking this topic as one of my addictions.

I think I have to be a taff, hard girl again and immediately block the channel he opened this morning with the other messenger.

Any comments are welcome! :black_heart::panda_face:

13 Likes

You do what is right for you. Looking from the outside and of course not knowing you that well, you are better of without him in your life. So Iā€™d agree with your conclusion. Block all channels. And keep blocking them until he gives up. Iā€™m diagnosed with BPD myself, black/white thinking is big with me too. Thereā€™s no in between. Yes or no, If you want/need it to be no, let it be no all the way and make that perfectly clear. Success.

4 Likes

I hear you :hugs: I miss snow too. I live in Bonn, if it starts to snow here everyone freaks out.
And Iā€™m like ā€œI miss the snow, look how beautiful everything looks! Why are yā€™all so upset?ā€ :grin:
It barely snows here :pensive:

4 Likes

Day 6. Up really early again but at least the headache isnā€™t as bad. Sleep was restless with nightmares. But now Iā€™m up enjoying a quiet morning, drinking my coffee and listening to the new Taylor Swift album. And reading here of course. Once it gets light out Iā€™ll go for a walk. Need to try to stay busy but my depression makes it hard to do much. I struggle to do the simplest things. But thatā€™s a whole other problem. For now my goal is to survive the day without drinking.

13 Likes

And a great goal it is Karen. One Day At A Time, and when needed one hour or one minute, one breath. Depressionā€™s certainly not helped by booze. Quite the opposite. And at the very least being sober makes it possible to work on treating it. have a good sober day and enjoy your walk.

4 Likes