Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Oh wow!!! Congratulations on your 3 years!!!

3 Likes

Day 1795? Not entirely sure. Too lazy to check.

Love taking a few days off from the forum and coming to all the fireworks. Yā€™all need Jesus, or nature, or something.

Anyway, I went with nature.

20 Likes

Hellz yeah congratulations on 3 years!!!

2 Likes

Day 1 sucks but you got this!

2 Likes

45 days. Canā€™t control yesterday or tomorrow, so Iā€™ll do it right today and hope for the best. There are some really big things that need to change course in my life, but it all depends on other people actually caring about how Iā€™ve changed.

10 Likes

Congratulations! :clap::purple_heart::clap:

2 Likes

38 days. Our moldy rv is in the process of getting repaired, weā€™ve finally gotten all of our stuff sold or in storage, and we are ensconced in an air bnb for a week. Hopefully the rv will be done by Friday. In the interim I got to spend the weekend with some friends and my husband and was offered some booze and easily turned it down. I just said ā€œIā€™m off the sauceā€ and they were like ok and moved along. I didnā€™t have to answer a bunch of questions or defend why I wasnā€™t drinking and that was nice. Now to start earning back all these surprise and vast expenditures from accidentally buying a janky rv. You donā€™t know what you donā€™t know until it smacks you in the nostrils. Ya know? :woman_shrugging:t2: I hope everyoneā€™s weekend was lovely. Iā€™ll catch up on everyoneā€™s posts tonight. :heart::heart:

14 Likes

Second check in on this day, I deleted most of my social media accounts bc they triggered me to much.
I did some research and for some people social media means high stress, bad sleep, anxiety, overall a bad thing. My mental health was getting worse over the last months, now I understand why.
I slept most of the day and now Iā€™m awake (itā€™s 2:15 am). Iā€™ll try to get some sleep now, I know I need it.
See you tomorrow.

18 Likes

Day 211

One day at a time.

Day went by fast. Wasnt very hungry. Should eat something now. But want to fall asleep.

18 Likes

Day 93 check-in

Itā€™s been a busy weekend. Had a girlsā€™ day at an outdoor escape room/scavenger hunt type event. It was Alice In Wonderland themed and we dressed up! Sooo much fun!! (Iā€™m Tweedle Dum standing next to Alice lol) It was so nice to have a day of fun being sober and clear-minded enough to play the game.

Ended yesterday celebrating a friendā€™s birthday. My boyfriend and I host a lot of get-togethers for our friends and this one was one of the bigger ones weā€™ve had. Out of about 30ish people, I was one of 3 people not drinking. I wasnā€™t tempted at all. I know Iā€™m going to be at some point, just very grateful for every time that Iā€™m not.

Tomorrow I AM going to start moving my bodyā€¦.just walking in my neighborhood to start. Iā€™ve been talking about it for 3 months now so Iā€™m kinda over not actually doing what I say Iā€™m going to. We have a very busy month ahead with a lot of engagements so now is a great time to throw one more thing in the mix.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and fighting to stay sober! :v:t3:

21 Likes

Woohooo another amazing milestone celebration!

Hope you are doing something nice and wholesome to treat yourself :blush:

1 Like

3am insomniac check in. Havenā€™t had a spell for a while. First time when Iā€™ve actually got to get up at a specific time and do stuff for the day. Gonna be a long day too. Instead of laying down nice and restfully Iā€™ve spent the last couple of hours happily pottering about and catching up on the forum. Oops :see_no_evil:

Been feeling in freefall a bit recently even though things are going OK. Like I kind of feel fine but have a weird undercurrent of something. I dunno maybe just anxiety. Got sooo many things I want to do but wonā€™t fit it all in. Lots of good stuff coming up, fun weekends and that. It means I will be dropping the ball on other things, not that I ever really feel particularly on the ball :upside_down_face: Just going to try and roll with it and enjoy the ride, and find acceptance for the things that will be trickier as a result.

Iā€™ve been taking most of my supplements most days the last couple of weeks which is probably helping the energy. Been on two hour + walks and two intense dance classes this week and I donā€™t feel physically destroyed. This time last year I couldnā€™t get through a day without a nap and some days walking for more than 15 mins was difficult. Progress! Not been doing my b12 shots though. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s why the insomnia :roll_eyes:

I sometimes like to stop and think, this time five years ago when my drinking was pretty chaotic, I couldnā€™t have comprehended the idea of a jam packed diary with no booze. A helpful reminder that what feels impossible right now might actually feel like a totally natural and wonderful choice at some point in the future.

And on that note I am going to put my phone down and see if I can get a couple hours sleep in before I start snoozing my alarm :rofl:

13 Likes

Day 42 :blush: hope yall had a wonderful weekend!:heart:

12 Likes

Quick update: lifeā€™s been a little crazy since the move, still rocking the sober life tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::metal:
I was confident that my girls were really thriving here, but found out last week that my 10 year old daughters been being bullied. To the point that sheā€™s either been so stressed she actually sick or so stressed that sheā€™s very convincingly acting sick. Either way, something needs to be done. Something WILL be done. Other than thatā€¦ Weā€™ve had a few bumps here and there but nothing we canā€™t handle.

18 Likes

WAY TO GO MIKE!!!
I am so damn proud of you, and thisā€¦

Just lights up my evening. :heart:

6 Likes

@KrispyMac This is so rad!!! Alice is one of my favorite stories. The books and the movies. Almost all of them lol. I love that yā€™all dressed up!

@Butterflymoonwoman i just read about your missed check in day. I canā€™t even imagine the strain and worry and exhaustion you must be going through. You and your family are in my thoughts.

@SadMemeQueen woo hoo!!! Go you!!!

6 Likes

OMG there are so many milestones to celebrate itā€™s crazyā€¦
@KellyKelly congrats one 6 months
@Olivia 2 YEARS!!! WOOHOOOOO
@LAB 7 months is a long time without a drink congrats to you!
@Benwa10 way to go that first week is a killer, the first ten days were really hard for me. Stay strong.
@Axsis Congrats on 3 years, you are an inspiration. :heart:

@Sabrina80 I am celebrating your day 1 as much as I am celebrating all the other milestones, day 1 is the hardest one to get through of them all. Donā€™t ever stop trying. :heart:

Kevin back in Dbl Digits way to go!!!
& 5.9MagA833 congrats on quads.

13 Likes

Awe thank you! I really missed it when i didnt check in. Im dealing with a cold now. I think I caught my sons cold (i have a fever n chills and headache n achy bones). His temp is still low. Praying i dont give it back to him. Thank u for ur concern and care :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day 3 since my last screw. Totally spaced on checking in yesterday but itā€™s been alright for the most part. These next few days will be hard as itā€™s around this many days when I screw up next.

Iā€™ve going to have to be careful and avoid being alone, which sucks because I love being by myself as itā€™s relaxing

12 Likes

thank you so much. your words are a big help in why I keep pushing :heart:

3 Likes