Checking in daily to maintain focus #55

I’m glad you folks are here, there’s so much shared experience in this community… :pray:

Feeling anxious after having asked someone’s name and number at work. We met and spoke rather randomly and irregularly and I really, really like her! which doesn’t happen often. But it’s not easy during work :sweat_smile: I don’t know if it was too soon or spontaneous for her comfort, I hope not but no regrets, rather try than possibly never see her again… I’m still picking myself up, healing and growing so no expectations.

Otherwise I’m doing good :slightly_smiling_face: back on track, optimistic and determined! The usual stresses at work and questioning where to in life…? I’m considering a whole new country like Canada, and maybe joining the police rather than continuing studying psychology… but let’s see, home is where it’s appreciated most…

Hope you have a good morning, day or night :grin: The world is both small and big depending on perception. But I’m grateful we’re here. :vulcan_salute:

12 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1116. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Happy birthday! @mx_elle

5 Likes

Loving the numbers!
A very happy 40th birthday :birthday:
16290298490s-funny-dance-birthday-gif-3

6 Likes

Thanks, tnm is really good, I got so much from it. Hope you find it supportive :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Happy birthday!!

:partying_face: :heart: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Happy birthday buddy :smiley: :people_hugging:

You are a wondeful and powerful woman!:sunglasses:
Sending love :heavy_heart_exclamation: and welcome to Club 40 :partying_face:

5 Likes

Day 233

Been getting my stuff together for the ultra on Sunday. Camping over in the Peak District on Sat night before. Exciting!

14 Likes

Day 42, fire works were nice last night. Didn’t have bad anxiety and got one of the guys to stay out and enjoy the works with us, their was 4 us and we had a good time. Im feeling pretty proud. Girls had a good time at they’re firework show as well, today I will take my placement test and actually do it lol when they called me the other day they asked me to have it in by the end of the week, ugh I’m just so nervous for school. Have been doing well, no temptation with woman or many crazy triggers at the house. I did break down and by a lottery ticket this morning before group. Definitely regretted it bc I was already complaint about being broke with living off 50 dollars a month. I put my 100 way though for mhab. but yeah will get that in check and nip that in the but quick

16 Likes

Checking in… today makes 5 months clean!!! Going through a lot right now, A LOT… but wow if you asked me 5 months ago if all this was possible I probably would have laughed and said yea right!!! Fast forward 5 months and here we are…ODAAT!!! thankful for all the ongoing support and messages. This community has been the absolute best and idk if I would have made it this far without this tool!!! Again, thank you all very much!!!

24 Likes

Day 268 substance free

15 Likes

Happy Birthday! :birthday::tada::confetti_ball::heart:

4 Likes

Lol!
IMG_1575

4 Likes

Day 277
All is good, nothing to write.
Just a quick check in.
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

12 Likes

Now you listen here, little missy, don’t make me fly to that island paradise to set you straight. You are not a fucking thread. I know I’m typing silly, but that’s because our negative self-talk is ridiculous horseshit. I struggled the same the first year, and still have to chuckle at myself when those delusional thoughts come up. Love you, gal! You are loved my many.

7 Likes

Hey love I’m sorry that you have slipped but do know this is not something to be shameful of. The shame and guilt create a nasty cycle that craves on more alcohol rather than sobriety. Welcome to day 1. You know that your body will be craving something tonight so what’s the plan to counter this? Are you able to go to a meeting in person or log on to one online? If you don’t have a sponsor – do you have someone you can talk to? Are you able to do any activity in the evening to create a distraction for your urges? Stay active here and read through the threads and engage when possible (this has been a super helpful tool for me). None of us are able to do this on our own – we all need support and tools to help us through. Sending you strength my friend!! :muscle: :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Happy birthday :cake::birthday::tada::kissing_heart:
Welcome to the 40-ies Club (aka the Cool ones :sunglasses:)

5 Likes

Tell your sponsor thank you. I needed to hear this. You have to act your way to these states of being. Seems simple, but is actually very hard.

5 Likes

So many wonderful online communities. Check out The Luckiest Club.

4 Likes

@Newsoberhuman666 great job on day 6. Glad that the dreams are going away… hang in there – the cravings will also dissipate in time.
@mesober What an ASS – Sometimes I just don’t understand the mentality o people -What could this asshole gain by making those snarky remarks? You are doing fantastic with you 19 days and keep being a kick ass human – ignore these remarks knowing that they are miserable themselves and aiming for misery loves company.
@geng good to have you back checking in with us. Hope you are feeling better today.
@crystalclear Yeah to day 2. I know it seems random the urge to try the wine but I think its your bodys way to hold on to an addiction – when we try to quit something our subconscious tries to find something else to hold on to for it’s coping mechanism. You are doing a fantastic job and well done for thinking NOPE. Keep up the amazing work. We can work on better healthier coping mechanisms :blush:
@icebear Yes, the crowds and loud noises and all that stress me out too – I do hope that you are feeling much better today after a restful night.
@mno My goodness that looked like a bad storm – grateful that you survived it safely. I do hope that not much damage was done.
@annae welcome to the community and a huge congrats to you 44 days! This forum has a great support system and a lot of great advice – do hope to see you around
@amy30 Love that you are enjoying your new gig – you will crush this! That raspy voice is just your anxiety manifesting itself based on past experiences. You are not that Amy – you are now stronger (mentally and emotionally) – you will not fuck this up. We all moments of time that make us feel like we are frauds and bring wonder to how we are getting through life (well maybe not we all but I know I’ve been there many a times). This is when we need to buckle down and remind ourselves that we deserve what we have achieved – you do not need to look for anything to numb the voices, they will disappear as you practice showing up for yourself. We know what we are doing and in no way are we winging it. Deep breathes my friend. I do hope you have a kick ass positive day!
@mischa84 Well done on 6 days of sobriety and passing your license theory exam!

9 Likes