Checking in daily to maintain focus #55

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap: You are an inspiration to us all!

7 Likes

I donā€™t know that I have any advice because you seem to know everything in your head, itā€™s just putting it into practice. Iā€™m glad youā€™re not falling into shame or anger, just keeping humble and looking at what happened and what you can learn. Sending strength and wisdom :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Checking in sober. Iā€™m not really looking at my counter, since I reset a couple times. I only drank 4 days out of the last past 5 months. That feels like more progress than the current 12 day streak. Lots of things swirling around in my mind. Trying to figure things out.

16 Likes

My foundationā€¦

30 Likes

HOW COOL is thatā€¦ Lovely foundation my friend. :clap:

6 Likes

113 days sober today. I am thankful for another day. I am thankful for this community.

23 Likes

Days
234 substance free
151 self harm free

Today, well last night, I started noticing weakness on my left side. Leg, arm, and ache in my neck and lower rib cage area. I know this means another set of symptoms are on their way. I am trying to prepare myself. I have lidocaine patches and cream. I am out of the liquid lidocaine from the hospital. I will not use substances to self medicate. I know that usually the pain is only a few days to a week. And then itā€™ll be ok. Or mostly back to normal. I will either be on here a lot more to distract myself or less to sleep more. Those are the two best ways for me to deal with it medication free.

19 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry love - Has this happened before? Have you checked this out? Can you ask your doctor for a new prescription of the lidocaine?
I do hope that you are able to get through this with minimal pain. Always here to help you with the distractions. Be well my friend. :heart: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

day 456 of no self harm

sometimes breathing just feels wrong. like every breath I take is a mistake. thereā€™s no reason for this feeling. sometimes I just get hit with overwhelming grief. grief for the person my younger self dreamed off. i donā€™t know how my younger self had the capability to hope. how did she still have the desire to live? even in my worst moments I dreamt of my future self. everytime I tried to die, I told myself if I survived this at least there was future me. if I survive this maybe I can finally become someone who doesnā€™t feel like this. who doesnā€™t ache to be gone. what happened that crushed all my hope. sure I have things I want to do in life. but they feel laughable. like a fantasy. it is no longer a dream, itā€™s just wishful thinking. when i think of who I want to be Iā€™m still aware that I will likely still want to die even if I reach my dreams. my dreams have become so simple. i used to have elaborate plans for myself. now my biggest dream is just to move out. what happened. how did a kid so broken manage to have dreams and now with all of the coping skills I learned I have none. i guess I realized how fucked up I actually was. i realized how terrible my surroundings were. i realized I wasnā€™t a fighter. maybe I used to be but you can only do that for so long. you can only lie to yourself for so long

18 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re going through this. Intense grief is exhausting. Itā€™s ok if our dreams change or if we canā€™t accomplish everything we want to. Youā€™re already a warrior and youā€™re tough. That said, I hope you can find ways to soothe your mind and body because you deserve peace. :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Sweet Mega are a fighter ā€“ Iā€™ve only known you a short time and I can see this in you. Itā€™s just that youā€™ve had to fight so much that you are simply exhausted. Your mind is really working overtime on you and trying to crush your hopes/ dreams. You are 21 my love - you have so much to live for and so many future youā€™s to meet. Donā€™t ever give up on dreaming. Small dreams are still dreams.
YOU ARE NOT FUCKED UP!! I do hope you are able to change your terrible surroundings soon.

Hows your healing going from the surgery? Are you able to move around some more. All the pain you were in leading up to the surgery and now the staying in one place and being isolated and unable to do much movement - this all can take such a toll.
Are you able to do face time chats with your friends?

8 Likes

i was able to go grocery shopping with my mom and see my grandpa today but it was way too much walking and now Iā€™m in a bit of pain. i donā€™t really do video calls with my friends but we talk on the phone

7 Likes

Oh good that you are moving about. It will take some time to regain your strength. Sorry that you are in pain. Hopefully you will be fully recovered from your surgery soon.

I just want you to know that you are a fighter, you are beautiful and deserve to dream and get to know the future you.
Glad you are talking with your friends - now that you are starting to get a bit better - can you friends come over to hang out and keep you company?
Are you able to talk to a professional to help you deal with these feelings.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not allowed to have anyone over, and my only friends live far away and the one near me Iā€™ve never met in person because theyā€™re just so busy and have their own family issues in their house. and neither of us can drive. i have therapy on the 12th

5 Likes

my goodness love - iā€™m sorry to hear that. Keep chatting with your friends, keep checking in here (welcome to pm me if you need to chat)
Youve got to regain your strength after the surgery (donā€™t over do it too quickly so that you can heal properly). You have to work on your mental and physical painā€¦
Are you able to join any online zoom meetings to help get some support (you donā€™t need to turn on your camera or even talk if you donā€™t want to until you feel comfortable).
I am glad that you will be seeing someone on the 12th. I do hope that does help you. :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never thought about zoom. Iā€™ll look into some. thank you

4 Likes

Yes. Self forgiveness was freeing for me. Glad you are able to be kind to yourself Mike. Your awareness is key. You knew you were going to use. Relapse always starts before we actually use our doc. You learned something valuable. If you want to say youā€™ve got 7 days thatā€™s fine. But to me you donā€™t need to reset. A slip doesnā€™t mean failure. It means youā€™re human. I am grateful for your honesty Mike. All the best as you continue your journey.

8 Likes

You are most welcome love

Hot lines in Colorado
Zoom meetings
Self harm online forums

Just a few i foundā€¦i do hope they help! Maybe others may have other suggestions.

7 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

One more early shift. I donā€™t really feel it right now. But Iā€™ll make it. Of course. Iā€™m not bad just not very rested. Iā€™m sober and clean. ODAAT and all that. X

23 Likes

1,340 Days of Recovery

Feeling extra depressed today.

21 Likes