Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

#Day 1820 :walking_woman:
Shitty week at work. We have a team of four and are understaffed. One co worker (the manager) is on vacation and another one is sick since more than a week. Guess whoā€™s working all of the time?
The co workers whoā€™s left has young kids and cannot work extra. So I managed to keep the store open by running it with one person. Itā€™s not enough, but It has to do. It gives me stress and doesnā€™t make me the best person I can be.
Iā€™m angry. The sick person is sick multiple times every year. She has had multiple warnings in her file and we had a talk about it last april to see if we could do something to minimize it. We all are sick sometimes but her amounts of having the flu are ridiculous.
Canā€™t do anything about it.
The serenity prayer is the one I use right now.
But Iā€™m still angry.

Where Iā€™m gratefull for? :blush:
Next sunday starts MY holiday: 2 weeks hiking in Scotland!
And upcoming monday Iā€™m 5 years sober.

(Picture from evening walk a few days ago)

So today will pass and better times are coming.
Have a good day all! :raising_hand_woman:

23 Likes

Day 12

Away from alcohol.
I am. committed to sobriety and to do the work of recovery.

26 Likes

Day 81. Off on honeymoonā€¦no alcohol

Will be a memorable time qnd i will check in daily

25 Likes

49 days without binge drinking. Thatā€™s likely 2 or 3 good rips that I didnā€™t go on. 2 or 3 weekends saved. Couple of hundred $ multiple occasions where I didnā€™t put myself or others in danger.
The urge to break out is not troubling me too much and Iā€™m focused on not giving into the sneaky beast telling me to have a couple of quite ones on a Friday, which will end up lasting until a Monday or Tuesday night.
My Anxiety is up this morning. Iā€™ve identified a pattern, overthinking. If I overthink things and itā€™s usually work related I will get edgy and it snowballs. I need to get out of it today. I will commit for the next few minutes, then hours then all day not to overthink.
Iā€™ll update tomorrow how today pans out and if and how I got this bout under control.
Best wishes for a good day all.

21 Likes

I better be careful what I wish for as the heat is gone but I just woke up to autumn here. Well, Iā€™m traveling tomorrow and my friend in Texas told me it cooled down there a bit too, which is good news as they had the hottest summer on record. Which means itā€™s been really hot.

Iā€™m planning an easy day, packing my bag and cleaning and clearing my home a bit to give the cat sitter a good impression of me. One thing I donā€™t have to do is take the walk of shame with a huge amount of empty wine bottles to the ā€˜glasbakā€™ or glass container down the street. Never again. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

@Mindofsobermike I already see big progress Mike! Man Iā€™m so proud of you, as I hope you are of yourself, just for doing this! Keep going. ODAAT as in all. Hugs & love friend.

18 Likes

Hi, congratulations, you kept that quiet!! Was it planned or spontaneous? Did you have a ā€˜doā€™?
How exciting for you both, a new chapter. :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Nothingnessā€¦i dont feel good but then i dont feel bad eitherā€¦i dont think i like it but dont know what to do about it reallyā€¦it scares me a little

8 Likes

Starting to get tired finally. I didnā€™t sleep that long, but I did sleep great. I had energy all day again. I think I actually might have had some kind of mild infection last week when I was feeling crappy. My nose it still stuffy but otherwise fine.

I didnā€™t get as much done as I intended but thatā€™s bc something unexpected happened. My landlord, and a man from the health department, knocked on my door saying there are bed bugs in the building (no doubt from the trap house) and he has to treat it, eventually. I dealt with them 15 years ago and learned A LOT about them. So for the next 2 hours I scoured every inch of furniture I could and sure enough, I found some :scream: Not in the beds thank God.

This is something that requires daily diligence. Its another reason to get rid of the clutter and keep things tidy. Thatā€™s how I banished the cockroches in 2 weeks when I moved in. Besides being phantom itchy, Iā€™m honestly not too worried, so Iā€™m grateful for that.

Time for bed. GoodnightšŸŒ™

13 Likes

Quick walk in the gardens with the dog before we wonder up to the new house to fix some coat hooks.

Itā€™s all rather relaxing and I find easy on the head means Iā€™m much less likely to drink.

Itā€™s a beautiful morning.

16 Likes

Day 33*
3:30 am here :melting_face: sleep has been a bit elusive here lately. It is certainly adding to my work stress. I am moving someone on my team to a more structured performance plan today, which depending on how they respond could lead to termination. Over the last few weeks I have increased our 1 on 1 time to offer more support and time for his questions. I have set clear objectives and metrics he needs to meet. I have given notes on specific tasks that need attention that he continues to avoid. I have asked him directly what he needs from me, how I can help support him to get him where he needs to be. I know I have tried but I want everyone on my team to succeed and canā€™t help but feel a personal failure when they do not.

17 Likes

Checking in day 102.
Feeling ok this morning despite not feeling that my sleep was that great. It was a pain getting my daughter up and ready this morning. She gets upset if she thinks I havenā€™t woken her, I guess I just really need to check that sheā€™s definitely awake when I leave the room.
Iā€™m just getting ready for an Al Anon meeting, itā€™s been some weeks since I last went. This thing where my mum is saying she misses the kids but at the same time wonā€™t stay sober when she visits us is on my mind. Maybe a meeting will help. Then Iā€™ve booked a lunchtime yoga class.
Wishing everyone an addiction free day.

18 Likes

Day 242.

Hereā€™s an update on my nightmarish beaurocratic quest:

In other news, I splurged on this really good face wash / face cream combo and my skin is starting to clear up while staying hydrated. Iā€™m well chuffed about it. And yes, Iā€™m in my 30s, but still get acne.

17 Likes

That is a magnificent view! Is that PopocatƩpetl?

2 Likes

Wishing you safe travels @Mno!

2 Likes

How did it go?

2 Likes

Day 1 checking in.

26 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1186. I hope everybody has a good one!

24 Likes

Hang in there, Mira! :heart: I think it is totally fine to compare children to chronic pain. I know mine are a chronic painā€¦ in my ass! :joy::joy::joy: But man do I love them!! We use many favorite mom quote in our houseā€¦
ā€œThis is why tigers eat their youngā€
ā€œThis is why momā€™s end up on the 10:00 news.ā€
ā€œIā€™m about to take you out and thereā€™s not a jury in the world that would convict me.ā€
ā€œThis is why they made small children cute.ā€

Itā€™s part of that whole sarcastic dark humor I mentioned above. It helps to laugh through it when you can. But thereā€™s still crying. Lots of crying! Parenting is not for the weak!
My best friend gave me the below magnet when I was newly divorced, single mom, 3 kids- 8 and younger. Her 2 boys were out of the house, youngest just went off to college. Her sister gave it to her when her boys were young, so she thought it was only right to pass it on to me. So I will share it with you here.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken! :joy::joy::joy: so again, I think itā€™s totally acceptable to compare it to chronic pain!

6 Likes

Hi Julian, welcome to TS and congratulations to day 1. Keep checking in. :v:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks, Laura! In the military I became a ā€œdedicatedā€ smoker. Didnā€™t matter how shit the weather, location, etc I was lighting up. Iā€™ve smoked through bronchitis is the dead of winter. (Big dummy!) But Iā€™m out now and got soft :joy: the last couple winters Iā€™m not a fan. That shit is for the birds, so if it doesnā€™t happen before then, this winter I will be leaving that shit for the birds! Lol thank you again for your encouragement and words of wisdom! :heart:

6 Likes