Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Awww @Mischa84 what a cutie your little one is. The cutest Batman ever seen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re not well @CATMANCAM hopefully the medication works and you get well soon.

58 days @Juli1 congratulations :clap: like others said donā€™t worry about ā€œforeverā€ Take it one day at a time.
I really changed my mindset about the ā€œbenefitā€ of drinking. Thereā€™s NON! so therefore I wonā€™t miss out on anything by not drinking. And Iā€™m finally happy that I donā€™t HAVE to drink anymore.
I found the Allen Carr book ā€œThe easy way to stop drinkingā€ to be very helpful and a real eye opener.

Lovely pumpkin carving @Starlight14 very spooky :jack_o_lantern::wink:
Glad you had a good time and I wish you all a happy Halloween :ghost::jack_o_lantern:

7 Likes

Thank u for the well wishes for my son. I am also sending u healing energy in hopes that u recover quickly. That sounds very uncomfortable :confused:

4 Likes

2nd check in today. Just got back from another Halloween party with my little girl, and tucked her in her crib. Itā€™s just us, as my wife is out of town with friends.
My buddy crushed it with the food and beverage options for non-drinkers, and there were lots of us sober there. Grateful for all of this.

I hope you are in a good place too, wherever you are reading this.

11 Likes

@maxwell happy belated birthday! Yeah to your car purchase. Very sorry that your son is not around spending any time with you. I too would be hurt and feel saddened. We are here for you
@mischa84 what an adorable superhero! Iā€™m sending out my bat signal tonight :wink: thanks for sharing the cuteness with us today.
@juli1 58 days ā€“ way to go rockstar! I try not to think of ā€œforeverā€. Anything in a forever mindset can be overwhelming. I am proud of all the work you are doing with sobriety. We only take things one day at a time. I also try to remind myself that what I am craving is literal poison and the healthy space I am creating does not need it. Grateful for your meeting tomorrow ā€“ such amazing progress Jules :heart: :hugs:
@jennyh oh dang girl ā€“ sucks that you have been dealing with the gallstone all day. I do hope you feel better tomorrow. I understand the need to go into a surgery in a more calm and controlled way ā€“ this is not so easy to achieve and schedule as we know life is full of surprises and doesnā€™t stay on schedule. Grateful that our bodies speak to us and more grateful that we listen. Sending healing vibes and pain free energy your way.
@butterflymoonwoman glad your son is starting to feel better. I hear you on all the damage we have done to our bodies with our addictions. Our bodies are super resilient and I do believe that we can begin repairing our damage with a healthier lifestyle. You are remarkable my friend and I know you are struggling right now but I do know that you have the drive to get your health on track. Stay strong Dana :muscle:
@catmancam Your resting sounds way more therapeutic :hugs: Oh Cam I am so sorry friend. I do hope the antibiotics help. Please stay hydrated and get plenty of vitamin c. home remedies for uti I do hope you are able to rest and feel better soon.
@mira_d thanks for the laugh ā€“ loved the backhanded compliment conversation :laughing:
@bomdhil glad to see you here and doing so well Thomas ā€“ makes me so happy to see you with double digits. Keep showing up for yourself my friend :hugs:

Checking in on Sunday night
yeah i pushed myself to go out with my mom (mom time really is healing) - it feels good to have gotten out but i am kaput now. we did get a lot of errands done (got some great Beetlejuice socks) and i am grateful to be back at home resting.
Hope you all have a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

17 Likes

Thank u friend :slight_smile: how are you doing? I have missed alot of posts bcu i havent been reading as much :frowning: But i hope ur doing well! Mom time sounds nice. And beetlejuice socks?! What! I love beetlejuice lol

4 Likes

thanks love - yeah mom time rocked. i too love Beetlejuice ā€“ canā€™t wait for next movie. was a great find at the 5 Below store.
i am dealing with some health flare ups with so many symptoms but am grateful that i have a few doctorā€™s appointments this week - fingers crossed i get some insight. overall iā€™m hanging in there thanks for asking.

4 Likes

Awe im so sorry to hear ur dealing with some health issues :frowning: i hope ur able to rest and feel better tmrw :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thank you thank you!!!

4 Likes

Todayā€™s been a real shitty day, not drinking, more depression, anxiety, just canā€™t sit still.

I havenā€™t been here in months, and my apology to an old friend when I realized he lost his dog, and has a different one in the food thread pics. (thatā€™s were the other one always was). My apologies and asking what the others name was (from the food pic).

I was tossed into the generic off topic threadā€¦

That sounds about right for today. Maybe I donā€™t belong here. (To my friend) I wrote you an email.

Thanks to the people that wished me HBs. I appreciate you. Good night all, stay sober. :hugs:

17 Likes

You belong. Iā€™m glad youā€™re here, that you came back and are engaging in your recovery. Mods move things to keep threads tidy. Itā€™s not personal. I hope you get a good nightā€™s rest and have a better day tomorrow. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Checking in day 134 without alcohol

Itā€™s been a wonderful weekend. My friend from CA came to town again and spoiled me. It was very nice. Itā€™s been along time since Iā€™ve had a man spoil me.

Navigating dating without alcohol has been interesting. Iā€™m starting to get a bit fearful. Being vulnerable without alcohol is unchartered territory for me. Feelings of not feeling worthy or deserving are creeping in. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself. Trying to stay in the moment.

Still fighting fatigue from last week and my back is a bit sore. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

So glad fall has finally arrived in AZ and the mornings and evenings are cooler.

I hope everyone sleeps well.

15 Likes

Day 41:

Another night with very little sleep, 4 hours. Only slept 5 hours all weekend, insomnia sucks, but sleeping pills are worse.

Did have a great day with my kids, good brunch and I love having them around. Amazing kids. I hear a lot of people say how they miss when their kids were little, not me! Enjoyed that time during that time, but no desire to go back. I completely enjoy watching them grow and seeing their transformations into young adults. Huge day here for my son. He actually came home from his apartment at college and did his own laundry!:joy: I had no clue he even knew what a washer and dryer were!

After they left I went to the grocery store, bought food to make meals this week. Making an effort to eat healthier and stop wasting so much money on DoorDash, love getting my food delivered, but so not worth the price and definitely not as healthy as making my own meals.

Even though I didnā€™t sleep much this weekend, I was able to let go of all the stress built up from a busy, hard, week at work. Last week was the first time the thought of drinking crossed my mind and Iā€™m happy to say Iā€™ve had none of those thoughts this weekend. Enjoyed being home, being able to decompress. Love being sober and being present and available for my kids.

Going to do my best to manage the stress of work better this week. Committed to the November workout challenge and looking forward to regular workouts again. Contacted my gym as well, boot camp type of workouts that are intense, but only 30 minutes. Starts at 5am every day, but is such a great way to start my days. All in all, life is good. Slowly, but steadily, finding my true self again and that feels amazing.

Much Love!

16 Likes

You belong here. I remember you. Welcome back. It is never too late to have a last first day. :smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t slept well the past couple nights so my morning shifts have been trying. Idk if anyone else has ever noticed certain things happening during a full moon. I usually get headaches and have more overall pain, canā€™t sleep at night, and have either soo much energy or absolutely none. Maybe Iā€™m just a lunatic :crazy_face:

Today was a shit show right of the bat but :poop: happens, and we got through it. Had a quick nap when I got home and then did a few little things around the house. Then it felt like a possible migraine was coming on so I took a pain reliever but it relieved nothing. I then had to drive for an hour in the dark and every LED headlight and streetlight was excruciatingly blinding. Why do they have to be so bright?! I can see just fine with my 11yo factory headlights.

Well, I am glad my weekend has started. I actually have 3 days off which is a nice little break. I havenā€™t looked ahead in the weather bc I donā€™t want to feel one way or another about Halloween night. Plus meteorologists around here are usually wrong anyways. Praying for decent night walking weather :pray:

Goodnight everyone :heart: Stay strong :muscle:

14 Likes

:white_large_square: :white_large_square: :white_large_square: :white_large_square:
:white_large_square: :blue_square: :blue_square: :white_large_square:
:white_large_square: :white_large_square: :white_large_square: :white_large_square:

:rabbit2: :hole:

9 Likes

Day 53 without alcohol. I went out for the first time since I quit drinking Friday night to a small concert, didnā€™t drink any boozeā€¦ even had an open tab and it was nice to have fun with my friend and wake up not feeling like ass the next morning. :muscle:
Time to play with the cats before bed. :woman_in_lotus_position::snowman_with_snow::heart_eyes_cat:
Wish you all a great start to your week. :purple_heart:

16 Likes

Day 2510. Had a good womenā€™s meeting today and did some consulting work. Then had pizza with the twins. Not looking forward to tomorrow being Monday with a long commute and long work day. But happy to be employed and able to pay the bills so I canā€™t really complain. Feels good to not be drinking over Mondays and life.

17 Likes

Checking in for my first night alone. Iā€™m sober and turning in for the night. Tomorrow is a day off so I should be able to keep myself busy. Pleasant sober dreams to all.

14 Likes

Day 128. Back at work today :slight_smile: working 8
3.30 which is goodā€¦ going to draft an email to.my son regarding some boundaries and pilotness.

Will make some pasta later for dinner. Itā€™s very dark first thing nowā€¦

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #59 (Part 31).