Checking in daily to maintain focus #59

Thanks friend
I appreciate you

This nicotine loazenge is going to be tricky to quit though
Besides coffee it’s my only vice

3 Likes

How about this Josh. Instead of criticizing social media just STOP. Or perhaps you already have. I have one platform because my son posts his art there. I get catfished daily. A bit annoying but I just block the dude living in his mom’s basement. Get out and meet actual people. Human beings need to see one another to actually communicate. Facial expressions and body languae are essential to human communication. Congratulations on 5 days AF. Keep stacking those days and keep off all those inane platforms.

4 Likes

Hey you gotta havw a place to let it the fuck out where you kbow we all get it. Snappy? Sure maybe. Standing up for you also? Saw that too.

You can do this, now think of small shit that needs to change, big shit that gotta go. You can do this & I know right now a big part of you feels like HELL. That part of you will tell you all kinds of shit, please dont listen. Its there, its not going anywherw but how can you care for it? What is that part of you running from? Be good to you Mike. Hang on, and dont stop fighting for yourself. You gotta show your girls what a man/dad is, you gotta show yourself you can be all you want to be and fuck probably more. Thinking of ya bud. Keep your chin up. Xo.

5 Likes

Checking in as I head into day 4. I started meditating again after a 4 year hiatus—just small 5 minute sessions over the last three days. I forgot just how much mindfulness helps to be able to sit with the uncomfortable and the unknown—cravings included. I know it hasn’t been long without engaging in my addiction, but I’m feeling a tiny stroke of confidence that I’ve not felt in a long time. This forum has helped so much, too. Be well, everyone!

17 Likes

what do You see here? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

11 Likes

@2JTravNZ congrats on 400 days :tada:
@icebear sending strength 🩵🫂
@Just_Laura congrats on 250 days :tada: I hope you enjoyed your time with your family :blush:
@Timetochange sending strength :people_hugging:🩵
@JennyH congrats on 40 days :tada: and the revelations :raised_hands:t2:
@Frank68 congrats on your week :tada:
@mreeclee welcome :blush: congrats on your days so far :tada:

1170 days no alcohol.
635 days no cocaine.
150 days no vape.

Last night I didn’t sleep for a single second, not for a lack of trying! Insomnia is a trigger for my impulsive spending…it was mostly stuff I need and will use, I just didn’t need it right now or all at once.

I went out for my lake walk at 7:35am, then when I got home I completed the forms and questionnaires for my ASD assessment, it took 2 hours of non-stop writing, bar a 10min break in the middle. Thankfully, my hand has since stopped hurting.

I managed a short nap earlier this evening which helped my mood somewhat.

I have an in-person meet-up with a facilitator from Safe Soulmates that I haven’t met yet, she facilitates the meet-ups in the city I live closer to. I need to somehow find the motivation and energy to shower beforehand. Although I will see how I feel because I’ve developed a chesty cough and I’m a bit more achey than usual…

🩵

22 Likes

I’m totally on your side - it was just a rambling that I’d written in a pad I keep nearby. You’re kinda making my point with me!

1 Like

Thank you Charlie! I hope u are enjoying ur day also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found ya.
Good to see you checking in on day 29.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Before it was very big stones I put together in a beautiful beach of Baltic Sea many years ago. I made sort of towers of stones. 3 or 2 of them as I remember. Those towers was very big. Waves did not washed them down that day. Was almost as tall as me. The biggest stones at the bottom were immovable. Second ones was so big I was unable to lift them so I rolled them up. It tooked about 3-4 hours to build those. People were stopping and doing photos of those towers. Looked quite impressive.

26 Likes

Here I is , checkin’ in …
I am way too in love with my new vacuum! Done the house twice already, even did the basement …WTF!
Soooo all my chores are done. It’s an ugly grey chilly day here and I am unmotivated to go for a walk. I know I should, it will be the kick in the ass I need but … I’m now in lazy mode.
I will settle for puppy and cat snuggles and a lame movie , perhaps a nap :sleeping:
No cravings for alcohol or sweets anymore. Soup, I am totally craving soup!
So I guess it’s just a Meh day.
Hope yours are more exciting, wishing ya’ll a Gooder Day :grin::purple_heart:

19 Likes

I love these pictures!

Latenight checkin.
Back on that horse.
Had a rodeo ride…
Now we are back in flow.

20 Likes

I couldn’t have said that better!
Yes, that’s social media. Not social at all.
The only way is: delete your accounts, delete the apps and live in the real world :wave::smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s awesomeness. I have seen those made with small rocks but never like what you made. Thanks a lot for sharing with all of us here.

4 Likes

Sober day 19.

Been having major cravings most nights. I’m really struggling with life right now. I know alcohol will just add to the problems. But it would quiet my mind for a bit. Sometimes that feels like a fair trade.

OFDAAT

23 Likes

Great advice. I never have done social media. It scared me when Amazon advertised on my Gmail an item I had looked at earlier in the day. It really is not healthy to be so completely entwined with technology.

4 Likes

Hang in there stay strong. Early struggles bring many blessing . Give it all time!

4 Likes

Hey, yes and I’ll be checking in on 30 no matter what :pray: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes