Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

Its no longer your new job when you become disgruntled haha. Just kidding! Congrats!

2 Likes

Happy Friday! Day 17. Slept like crap last night but i think it’s all the stupid Halloween candy im earing haha. So none today! Umm ask me later how that turns out lol. Big issue yesterday where I took my will back and got very angry. Well it ended badly as 1 would expect. Had a major 10th step just a few minutes ago. In a much better place now.

Havwva great day everyone!

17 Likes

23 Likes

:black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
:black_large_square: :three: :seven: :black_large_square:
:black_large_square: :white_large_square: :white_large_square: :black_large_square:

6 Likes

I will add it to my daily count. This is my only social media, youtube is toxic for me. tiktok even worse :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Taking easier on my workout schedule. Yesterday was at Sauna and instead of doing a workout, first time in like 2+ years had a swim. Half kilometer swim / no breaks / In 20 minutes I was feeling like after good run. Quite a good workout. Muscles working as in gym, cardio system working as on run +PLUS that is very healthy for the spine - and I have tons of problems with my spine. Also because of truck job it gets worse, especially the shoulders and neck area.
Instead of active recovery I usually push even harder. 11 hours at work every day, 2-4 run workouts and 2 gym workouts every week. I see that I need to put more balance here as I starting to get traumas, but I don’t know instead of falling back I keep pushing even with when I feel the pain. I sort of like that in a way… Usually when I over-trained I started to drink alcohol. Now there is no alcohol and I push even harder. Good news I kind of feel more energetic and over-training seems like not coming soon.
Still, chilling out in sauna yesterday I understood I need to implement swimming and saunas time to time. Also I think to start to do some yoga training sessions. Yeap.

It’s a bit hard to do changes like theese, as I always was like that - always pushing forward, never giving up… It’s like giving up in a way, loosing my character… I don’t feel ready for quick changes, but I think I can start slowly with small steps…

‘‘If a man has character, he has also his typical experience, which always recurs’’ - Nietzsche

''You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

9 Likes

Day 293.

Today I went and splashed out on the most beautiful soft purple bed throw. It just makes the bedroom look sooo much homey-er. It sucks to admit it, but I am actually really liking staying here. Aside from the neighbours (who are on their best behaviour) this has to be one of the nicest places I’ve ever lived in. And I like being able to like… buy stuff for the home, because it’s my place not an AirBnB.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the travel lifestyle. But it’s nice to have like… a homebase, ya know?

Today I’ve also said out loud the saddest yet most adult thing yet. I told my husband I was gonna get a fuck tonne of work done over the weekend, and then take Monday off so I could clean the flat.

Sad? Maybe. Adulty? Absolutely!

19 Likes

:grinning: You are welcome to the swimmers thread if you want. Any levels or appreciation of water in any kinds and side topics (like emotions lol) are welcome.

10 Likes

Gosh I miss swimming :pleading_face: As a kid I hated it but somewhere in my teenage years I learned it by myself while on holiday (Mallorca).
Give me some swimming fins and I’m feeling like I’m home.
Unfortunately, after catching a pretty bad infection from a swimming pool I never went there again :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Glad ur here and posting Charlie. Im sorry to hear that ur not feeling as strong lately. Sending u strength :pray:

5 Likes

Hi all, checking in having made 50 days.

I am happy about that but am so gloomy!! Very emotional too. Hang on, may be time to head over to the hormonal thread :tired_face::rofl:

Some days just start well and then nosedive for no obvious reason. I think I am doing less exercise due to the terrible weather and early nights. Slacking off the gym. Mind you, my leg isn’t working well today and probably would give out on the cross trainer so maybe bed is the best place.

Wow, what a brain dump! I am tempted to delete but also feeling too lazy to work out which bits to remove.

Have a good day/evening all. Thank you for being here

19 Likes

Great to see you checking in Charlie and on 1084 days is fantastic. I am sorry about the blah feelings. Can you change up bits to your recovery like maybe different meetings or join a recovery group or possibly a group that is specific to your hobby? Just as our muscles get used to a specific workout after a while i think maybe our minds do to. Possibly worth a try :thinking:

Grateful that you are still attending your meetings and reading on TS to keep your recovery protected. We are right here for you if you should need support. Enjoy your sober weekend :people_hugging:

4 Likes

damn hormones!!! i totally know and in solidarity hate when you just go in a emotional tanker for no apparent reason.
Just remember to be kind to your body and self. I too would get off my workout path when the weather changed for the colder months. Its like my body just wanted to chill and snuggle :laughing:

grateful you let it all out and didn’t alter your thoughts… hope it felt good! Sleep well my friend – you slayed another day in recovery and for this you should be proud :hugs:

4 Likes

Sober day 5. Horrible headaches everyday. Need to survive the next week or so before they will ease up. I’m glad it’s the weekend.

OFDAAT

21 Likes

Just checking in ya’ll hope you survive & maybe get to even thrive today.

Went and volunteered today first day at a local charity that sells 2nd hand stuff for food bank donations. Loved it. I think about how important service is in life in general, not just in these circles but wherever you can give of yourself. Wanted to vomunteer at a womans shelter but i checked myself as i dont think im ready for that.

Sending everyone love xo

18 Likes

Very long day here. Going to crash early tonight.
Just got some soft jazz on in the background and going to do some reading and healthy snacks til I crash.
Take care of yourself
See you tomorrow

9 Likes

I’ll let you know about the outcome for myself :blush: @Deelzebub

2 Likes

Day 46:

Up at 5:30 and my work phone was already crazy. Hectic morning at work that continued the entire day. Last job finished at 7:00 tonight and I am done. Thankfully I have the house to myself tonight. Got day 3 of the November workout challenge done, not hard yet, but it feels good to be committed to something besides work. No thoughts or fantasies of drinking, just fantasizing of my bed and sleep.

State volleyball finals for my daughter start tomorrow at 10:00. Excited to see her play, but a little apprehension as this could be the last time I see her play volleyball, competitively. This old man will definitely get her out for some sand volleyball this summer, always fun playing with her.

Time to decompress from the day and get some sleep, god willing! Praying for an insomnia free night!

19 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Checking In :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 628
Today was a pretty good day, but i definitly over caffiinated myself… resulting in a massive migraine. I really need to back off the caffeine a bit I think. Got my nails done and they look nice! It felt soo good to get them professionally done for a change. They even massaged my hands and forearms with a hot stone and lotion. It was very cool! Spent the afternoon playing with my son which was nice. Had a relaxing hot shower. Now just getting ready for work tmrw. Not much else to report this evening. Grateful for my recovery :pray: Have a good night everyone!

21 Likes

Hi @Charlie_C , it’s great having you here.
Congratulations on 1084 sober days! I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling strong lately. Your post though sounds like you’re still strong in your sobriety. Can you find out what’s missing in your life at the moment? Like @JazzyS said maybe it is time to start something knew?
A new hobby? Yoga? Meditation? Cooking class?
I’ve been getting this kind of blah time again and again but started to realise that in my case it has a lot to do with exhaustion. When I lose the track I try to refocus on self-care, try to sleep, eat well and go for long walks.
This is what helps me.
Hope you feel better soon Charlie. You’re strong!
Have nice and fulfilling sober weekend :pray:

9 Likes